Windows 10: Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

Discus and support Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft, There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ksching, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ksching Win User

Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode

Hi Microsoft,

There is a bug in Windows (I am using Windows 10) whereby I let my laptop go into Sleep mode for a few days, after which I can no longer unlock Windows despite correct password.

I checked online and many mentioned it is a common Microsoft log-in bug, but I couldn't find any solutions online. Is there a way to resolve it?

Regards,

KS

:)

ksching, Nov 24, 2018

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Nov 24, 2018
  3. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Locked After "Sleep" Mode - Similar Threads - Locked Sleep Mode

2. My window doesn't lock after I use sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My window doesn't lock after I use sleep mode: Every time I use sleep mode, when I wake up my device is not locked and windows starts up almost instantly. Although it was working fine before and only recently for some reason. I tried checking Require sign-in in Sign-in options and it's still "When pc wakes up after...
  3. My window doesn't lock after I use sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My window doesn't lock after I use sleep mode: Every time I use sleep mode, when I wake up my device is not locked and windows starts up almost instantly. Although it was working fine before and only recently for some reason. I tried checking Require sign-in in Sign-in options and it's still "When pc wakes up after...
  4. My window doesn't lock after I use sleep mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. sleep mode and system lock

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode and system lock: I am using windows 10 and my monitor goes to lock mode if i am not using mouse after 30 seconds. I have checked sleep mode, power mode, plug-in mode and all other things and still i am finding same difficulty....
  6. Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode

Lock screen not appearing after sleep mode: When I try to use my laptop after sleep mode, the lock screen does not appear. Sometimes I have to press ctrl + alt + del to get it work but sometimes the screen does not appear so I have to force my laptop to shut down. This is very frustrating for me if I am in the middle...
  7. Sleep mode not locking laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode not locking laptop?: When I hit 'sleep' mode on my keyboard or I press the power button on my laptop so it temporary locks, it doesn't actually locks/temporary shuts. It just makes the screen go black and you can 'unlock' the laptop just by pressing any key or moving the mouse. I'm pissed. What...
  8. Sleep mode and lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep mode and lock screen: I have disabled sleep mode but now do not have a locked screen. How can turn this function on. I have gone to settings but only sleep mode is available for locked screen. Thanks....
  9. Sleep mode locks the screen

Sleep mode locks the screen: When I click on Windows / Power / Sleep mode, it often locks the screen instead. When I repeat the procedure it finally makes my Dell XPS 13 notebook sleep. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-locks-the-screen/496ae348-9ba0-4b59-a006-138444ffc174
  10. Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards locked to Sleep Mode: Hi, Could you please help me with my keyboard? After a while, it's Shift button (left) & 6,7,8,9 buttons when hit the laptop will be enter to Sleep Mode. I use Windows 10. Any suggestions for normalized these buttons? Thanks....