Windows 10: Windows locked my Laptop computer

Discus and support Windows locked my Laptop computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I can hardly even believe that this happened to me this morning, but it did, I turned on my Laptop computer that I haven't used for awhile. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ClaudiaThompson, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Windows locked my Laptop computer

Hello, I can hardly even believe that this happened to me this morning, but it did,

I turned on my Laptop computer that I haven't used for awhile. I started doing updates. As soon as it finished the updates, something came up in the Notifications place saying that there was a problem with my Microsoft Account.
    Then before I knew it, something immediately came on saying that it was locked and my computer shut off. Now it won't even come back on again! This to me, is unbelievable!

I am guessing it is because awhile back, I had changed my information on my newer desktop computer. But now I am worried, what if it does the same thing to my other computer? It is crucial to me that I be able to use my desktop computer. What can I do about all of this? Can anybody help me please?

I hope that I don't lose everything on my Laptop computer because I had files on there that are not on my Desktop computer, that I need. Plus I need my Laptop computer for a backup. I can hardly believe they can and would actually do this. This is MY computer.

:)

ClaudiaThompson, Oct 6, 2020

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Windows locked my Laptop computer

Windows locked my Laptop computer

Some more info would be useful in order for someone to help you. For a start you only list PC Desktop and Windows 10, but you are talking about a laptop, so what make and model of laptop, what version of Windows (home or pro) and build (1903, 1909 etc). What you were doing when these messages appeared.
    Now, have you tried to access your MS account since the laptop was "locked", I believe there is still an option to remote lock a device should it be stolen, if you cannot access your MS account it is possible it has been taken over and someone else has activated the device lock.
    But that is just a wild guess based on little info.

Pejole2165, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows locked my Laptop computer

1. Windows locked my Laptop computer - Similar Threads - locked Laptop computer

2. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.: Split from this thread. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-popup-scam-locked-up-my-laptop-computer/d8043202-eb45-4bad-8c26-d4b01937ea54
  3. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A popup scam locked up my laptop computer.: Split from this thread. A popup scam locked up my laptop computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-popup-scam-locked-up-my-laptop-computer/d8043202-eb45-4bad-8c26-d4b01937ea54
  4. Locked out of my windows laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my windows laptop: Hi, I can't access my windows laptop as it requires me to sign in using my PIN which I have already forgotten. When I try to recover/change it using my email, it sends a 6-digit verification code instead of the required 7 hence I'm stuck and locked out of my laptop....
  5. Windows 11 locks my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 locks my computer: I did the upgrade to Windows 11 and it seemed to work ok twice when I booted up. Now it will not even let me boot the computer up. It does a check disk all ok goes to the boot cycle and then locks up. So I have no idea how to get to a point where I could do a clean install or...
  6. Windows 11 locks my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 locks my computer: I did the upgrade to Windows 11 and it seemed to work ok twice when I booted up. Now it will not even let me boot the computer up. It does a check disk all ok goes to the boot cycle and then locks up. So I have no idea how to get to a point where I could do a clean install or...
  7. Locking of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locking of my laptop: I have a DELL G3 3500 laptop. The issue with the laptop is that the laptop gets locked by itself while I'm gaming and it's so annoying. When I tried to support the technical support they say that it is windows bug and i am not getting help. It is so annoying when you're...
  8. Windows suddenly locking my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows suddenly locking my laptop: So basically i was talking with some friends on discord and i accidently press windows and some random buttons but nothing happened and file explorer booted up so i just closed it thinking “well that probably happened because i pressed some keys just now” and i move on, a few...
  9. Locked out of laptop computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of laptop computer: I cannot log into my laptop that I've had for a year. It asks for pin, which I have never used. I always sign in with my password. Now it says I cant and that I have to get a code from my alternate email, which WAS my daughter's but she hasn't used that address for years....
  10. My Computer Is Locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Computer Is Locked: So I accidentally hit the “r” or “t” key and the computer went blank. I cannot turn it back on or access the keyboard as well as the trackpad. I also tried to plug it in and charge it but that didn’t work. What should I do? Regards, MiaHa...