Windows 10: windows locked out due to time expiration but audio is still running on background

Discus and support windows locked out due to time expiration but audio is still running on background in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, As stated in the subject title, even after getting locked out due to time expiration, my kid can still listen to their youtube, vimeo, podcasts,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wilhal, Mar 28, 2021.

1. wilhal Win User

windows locked out due to time expiration but audio is still running on background

Hi,

As stated in the subject title, even after getting locked out due to time expiration, my kid can still listen to their youtube, vimeo, podcasts, or whatever URL that contains audio/video that is active in the browser.

Is there registry or workaround or an actual setting that can prevent this from happening?

Yes, I have the latest released Windows 10 home version and most updated audio driver. So, those two are not the issue.

Thanks!

-Will

:)

wilhal, Mar 28, 2021

2. How do windows run background apps after lock system?

Hi Kim,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in answering the question.

I would like to inform you that new Windows 10 apps have permission to run in the background so they can update their live tiles, fetch new data, and receive notifications:

Follow the steps below and check:

• Open Settings or Press Windows + I keys
    • Go to privacy
    • Click on Background apps.
    • locate the desktop app and slide it to off.
    • You can do this for individual apps.
    If you want to add app in the lock screen follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on notifications in PC Settings. (This should be on by default.)

• Open the Settings Charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Notifications.
    • Slide the Show app notifications and Show app notifications on the lock screen switches to On.

Step 2: Add the app to lock screen notifications

• Open the Settings charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Personalize.
    • In the right pane, with the Lock screen tab selected, under Choose apps to run in the background… tap or click one of the “plus” symbols and select the app.
    Then under Choose an app to display detailed status, tap or click the icon beneath it and select the app.

Check if it helps.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 28, 2021
  4. windows locked out due to time expiration but audio is still running on background

After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

windows locked out due to time expiration but audio is still running on background

1. windows locked out due to time expiration but audio is still running on background - Similar Threads - locked due expiration

2. Locked out of new laptop due to BitLocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of new laptop due to BitLocker: I recently bought a new Acer Nitro 5 laptop on Amazon, and when booting it up for the first time, I was met with a screen asking for a BitLocker code. I have been trying to get into this device for hours, using volume letters and parameters inside of the Command Prompt, but I...
  3. Three times computer lock screen displayed a message had been locked out due to multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Three times computer lock screen displayed a message had been locked out due to multiple...: Please read the title. And it's ridiculous that you can't get to a person unless you're a business. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/three-times-computer-lock-screen-displayed-a/bf9becab-d12c-4fb0-8b80-89467554758d
  4. Locked out of my account due to Hacker.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my account due to Hacker.: My bank account has been drained and left with 3k in the negative and Microsoft locked me out of my account. Everything is setting there in the Hackers control. This sounds like a lawsuit to me.. I demand to be contacted immediately....
  5. After my kids have been locked out expired time, they still could see and listen to...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    After my kids have been locked out expired time, they still could see and listen to...: Situation: my kids have been locked out due to expired screen time Problem: they still could see and listen to audio/video using Ctrl Alt Tab and Alt Tab, albeit a small screen. That totally defeats the purpose of setting any screen time. Any solution? setting, gpedit,...
  6. License due to expire

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License due to expire: In May 2020 I purchased Microsoft 10 Pro online and now for some reason it is saying license due to expire,when I do winver in start it comes up windows pro, any help would be much appreciated....
  7. Windows 10 due to expire

Windows 10 due to expire: Hi all, I turned on my computer today only to have the message " Windows 10 about to expire " I followed the activation instructions and found that the license is activated on my computer. The license was installed when I purchased the computer new about 3 years...
  8. Locked out of office due to false subscription expiration

Locked out of office due to false subscription expiration: Hello. I just got a new subscription through my university email and was told it was free to students. However, not even a month later it told me I need a new one. How can I solve this?...
  9. Task scheduler runs beyond expiration time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduler runs beyond expiration time: Hello, experts, I have a task scheduled in Windows 2016 server (and got the same problem in Windows 10 home edition). I had it starting at 1:44, and set the expiration to today (4/12/2019) at 1:46. [ATTACH] The action is just to run a .bat file that echoes the date...
  10. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...