Windows 10: Windows locking automatically

Discus and support Windows locking automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jokerdhruv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i4nl95/windows_locking_automatically/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jokerdhruv, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Windows locking automatically

/u/Jokerdhruv, Aug 6, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

[Tip] Automatic Login to Windows and Instantly lock the computer.

Problem: You like to leave XYZ program running 24/7, but XYZ program only starts when you log into the computer(XYZ can be whatever program you want). So when automatic updates hit and auto-restart your computer, the XYZ program doesn't start back up. You could not put a password on your user account, so the computer automatically logs onto your user account when it reboots, but that is insecure, and if you have nosy roommates/children/super intelligent monkeys, if there is no password they might get on your computer and find your huge collection of por...legally obtained songs...
    Windows locking automatically Shifty_Eyes_Emoticon_by_Canaan1.gif

Solution: Set Windows to automatically log into a password protected user account, and then instantly lock the computer.*Rockout :rockout: Here's how:

• I'm going to assume you already have your user account password protected. If not, setup a password for your user account now...I'll wait...ok, moving on.
    • In the Run dialog type "control userpasswords2" without quotes. Then press OK.

Windows locking automatically autologin1.png
    • In the User Accounts window uncheck the box for "Users must enter a password to use this computer." Press OK.

Windows locking automatically autologin2.png
    • In the Automatically Log On window enter your username and password. Press OK.

Windows locking automatically autologin3.png
    • Open Notepad and type "rundll32.exe user32.dll, LockWorkstation" without quotes.

Windows locking automatically autologin4.png
    • Save the text document as lock.bat. Make sure you change Save as type: from *.txt to *.*!

Windows locking automatically autologin5.png
    • Drag lock.bat into your Startup folder.

Windows locking automatically autologin6.png
    That is it. Now when the computer is rebooted it will automatically log in to your account, load any programs you want started, and lock the computer so a password is still required to use it.*Toast :toast:

A few notes:
    • If you change the password for your user account, it will break the auto login. You will have to go back into control userpasswords2 and re-enter your login information.
    • This should work with any recent version of Windows, I've tested it back to at least XP. You shouldn't be using anything older than that anyway.
    • I've tested this with Win7 and Vista Home Premium and up. It should work on Home Basic and Starter as well, and it should work on XP Home, but I haven't tested this personally. The lower versions of Windows might not have the Control Userpasswords2 ability.
    • This works with Server versions of Windows also.

newtekie1, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Aug 6, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Windows locking automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Windows locking automatically :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows locking automatically

1. Windows locking automatically - Similar Threads - locking automatically

2. WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIndows 10 getting locked automatically even after turning off the screensaver, display,...: I am using a Windows 10 OS which is getting locked automatically after sometime I leave it without any activity. I have tried to change multiple settings on other popular recommendations including turning screensaver, display off and sleep settings to "never". Yet the issue...
  3. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  4. the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the laptop is broken and the ssd is locked by bitlocker automatically: I experienced a broken laptop and it wouldn't turn on again. I took my SSD and tried to use another device but it was locked. I had never previously enabled bitlocker and didn't feel like saving the recovery key...
  5. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  6. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.: I am using windows 10, the caps-lock and the magnifier launches suddenly. When this happens the keyboard becomes non operational. Also, Microsoft edge opens with the windows help page. I close the magnifier and the Microsoft Edge, and when I press caps-lock again, the same...
  7. The caps-lock turns on and the magnifier launches automatically in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.

Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.: After setting up screen time using Windows CMD on the local admin account of a Windows 10 laptop, the accountwhich was not password protected automatically got locked up with an unknown password. The only accessible account on the system now is a "family safety" organiser...
  9. Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.: After setting up screen time using Windows CMD on the local admin account of a Windows 10 laptop, the accountwhich was not password protected automatically got locked up with an unknown password. The only accessible account on the system now is a "family safety" organiser...
  10. Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade