Windows 10: Windows locks after one minute of activity, literally nothing stops it.

Discus and support Windows locks after one minute of activity, literally nothing stops it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Recently, my computer has decided to lock itself after one minute of inactivity no matter what I do. It's very annoying, because if I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by darkwolfxj, Sep 7, 2018.

1. darkwolfxj Win User

Windows locks after one minute of activity, literally nothing stops it.

Hello,

Recently, my computer has decided to lock itself after one minute of inactivity no matter what I do. It's very annoying, because if I'm reading something for more than one minute, the computer locks. I have tried everything I can find to stop it, and nothing works. I've even tried creating registry keys, but to no avail. I already have the password on wake box unchecked and the screensaver turned off. HELP

:)

darkwolfxj, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Nyima Yonten Win User

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 7, 2018
  3. little cat Win User
    little cat, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Easy Rhino Win User

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows locks after one minute of activity, literally nothing stops it. - Similar Threads - locks minute activity

2. BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after booting and doing nothing, 13-15 minutes later: The desktop is a PC, built by me, in 2011. AMD FX 6-core, 16 GB RAM, 1TB Western Digital Black, regular HD (not an SSD or hybrid). Motherboard is an ASUS M5A87. This is a business/office/production machine, not a gaming machine. Previous OS was Windows 7, and upgraded to...
  3. Computer is literally a disaster after an update

Computer is literally a disaster after an update: So a while back my computer updated for an official Windows update, Since then my computer has just been downright broken. It started out with a small error that would happen when I opened applications like Steam, nothing big, just a quick pop-up and everything was fine,...
  4. Auto Lock after 2 minutes without screensaver?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto Lock after 2 minutes without screensaver?: Hello, Before I installed 10586, I had my computer auto lock Windows 10 10240 after a couple minutes without having the screensaver turn on, so it went to my custom lock screen wallpaper. I can't figure out how to make it happen again in Windows 10586. And also when I...
  5. BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing

BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing: BSOD after 5 minutes WIndows is booted and doing nothing See collector log in attachment System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4} EventID 41 Version 6 Level...
  6. Windows Stopped Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Stopped Activation: Rather a strange situation occurred today. I moved my Samsung 950 pro from the M.2 slot because it was under my 980GTX. I put the drive on a PCie card and booted up, no problem. The next thing I see is a windows message telling me that windows was not activated because the...
  7. I really need to literally stop automatic windows updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I really need to literally stop automatic windows updates.: It's eating my internet quota. Let me update this damn Windows when I'm at work (unmetered connection). Any idea how before I throw in the towel and send hate letter to Microsoft? My situation: This is Windows 10 SL upgraded from Windows 8.1. At home I'm using 3G modem...
  8. Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working after 15 minutes: Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas... My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts...
  9. Nothing working on lock screen of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Nothing working on lock screen of Windows 10: When i open my windows.The lock screen appers but when i press enter button it shows blue screen and the come to previous state means its not prompting to lock screen just stuck on page before lock screen How to fix it? Please help me! 97708
  10. Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi works for a couple minutes after boot then stops: I recently bought a new pc that came with windows 10 and has a pcie wifi card. The wifi was working fine until earlier today, when it started throwing an error about missing network protocols. The annoying thing about this is that it'll work fine for a couple of minutes after...