Windows 10: Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub.

Discus and support Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i switch to Windows after using Linux or tinkering with Grub or reseting cmos the speed of cpu is locked to lowest possible. In the safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VitaliyZdrok, Apr 16, 2019 at 5:37 AM.

1. Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub.

When i switch to Windows after using Linux or tinkering with Grub or reseting cmos the speed of cpu is locked to lowest possible. In the safe mode everything is okay with cpu speed.

disabling the 'intelppm" service from Registry helps, but it locks to lowest possible again when i visit linux based os.

Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub. d9d33dbf-3acd-4946-95a8-edb952816d31?upload=true.png

:)

VitaliyZdrok, Apr 16, 2019 at 5:37 AM

2. data connection switch automatically to lowest speed connection(2g) to 3g, sametime i lose connection completely

My Nokia Lumia 925 windows 8.1 switches automatically to lowest speed connection.

janviertuyishime, Apr 16, 2019 at 5:41 AM
  3. NinkobEi Win User
    Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

did you be sure to load back into windows before continuing with your GRUB setup?

install grub > reboot > load windows > reboot > load linux (install linux)

4. Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub.

how to change boot loader from grub (linux) to windows ?

I have dual boot BOSS linux and windows 10. I want to change my boot loader from grub to windows. So plz guide me on how from change grub to windows

shekarbalakrishnan, Apr 16, 2019 at 5:41 AM
Thema:

Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub.

1. Windows locks cpu speed to lowest after switching from linux or grub. - Similar Threads - locks cpu speed

2. CPU Clock speed locked at 0.79GHz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU Clock speed locked at 0.79GHz: Hi, I have an i7-4500U CPU and for the last few months my system starts at full speed (2.39GHz) but as soon as the CPU goes below 30% utilisation after startup, the system locks the clock speed to 0.79GHz even when the fan is off. The CPU temperature is around the 50degree C...
  3. brightness level locked at lowest level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness level locked at lowest level: I am completely unable to change the brightness level. i have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers, rebooted in excess of 20 times, i still cant change it in safe mode. is there any way to fix this, or am I going to have to waste hours of time reinstalling the most buggy OS ever...
  4. Switching to from win 10 to linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Switching to from win 10 to linux: hello everyone, I have a question as i have purchased my laptop form dell and my window OS is already installed as it comes in the laptop package and when i check the license key of my window 10 it shows that it is digitally licensed. So i want to ask as currently now i want...
  5. Switching to Linux

Switching to Linux: I am done with Microsoft and their updates restarting my computer without my permission during important video conferences. I turned off updates, somehow they got turned back on, again without my permission. I have been using Windows for 25 years. And I am done. Can someone...
  6. Switching from Windows to Linux

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Switching from Windows to Linux: Hello I am Nikhil Bansal and I am a college student. I am using original windows 10 but as per my college course curriculum I have to work on Linux. I can switch to linux but then I will lost my original windows. Right? So what should I do as I am a student and also wants...
  7. Wifi Network speed from Windows to NAS (Linux) server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Network speed from Windows to NAS (Linux) server: Hi folks If you connect / attach / share a NAS drive to your Windows machine you should be able to get decent file transfer speeds across wifi connections (assume you have 5GHZ wifi available). I'm regularly getting speeds of around 110 MB/s (440 Mb/s) on a WIFI LAN...
  8. CPU Core speed locked around 800 MHz?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Core speed locked around 800 MHz?: Snaggy - easy screenshots Hello! I recently reset my computer because I noticed it was getting slow, and even after a clean install and after updating all of the drivers it was still slow, and I decided to look around and see if I could identify the problem. I think I did....
  9. CPU Speed Locked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Speed Locked: Hello all, I have had something really odd going on for a while now that I have never seen or heard of before. This started back when I was running Windows 8.1, so it isnt new to the Windows 10 installation. Every now and then my laptop will get really slow. When I look at...
  10. linux grub bootloader failed after win 10 updates

linux grub bootloader failed after win 10 updates: My son (26) just returned a long term loan P8B67B Deluxe to me with Linux and Win 7 on it. I upgraded 7 successfully, but after updates installed last night the PC refuses to boot saying "error, no such partition, Entering rescue mode .. grub rescue>" Repeated boot attempts...