Windows 10: Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

Discus and support Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mark_xue, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Mark_xue Win User

Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

When trying to log into my PC, Windows prompts me to enter my Microsoft password. After having done that, it does not accept the password and says that it is incorrect. I know that password I entered is correct because I am able to log into my Microsoft account via the Internet with the same password.

I have even tried using the on-screen keyboard just to make sure that characters are not being typed incorrectly. I have also changed my password to a new one, and the same error message displays itself. The system also disables my ability to use the PIN for some reason, which error code is: 0x80090016. When I attempt to restore my PC with "System Restore", although I did not set one, when it asks me for my Microsoft password, it says that it is incorrect.

I am not sure if this is also a related error, but when trying to give a factory reset to the device, it does not go through because "something went wrong".

I know that I am not the only person with this issue, as I have read about users who are facing the same problem. These users are have also recently reported this issue, which might indicate that the issue is something new.

I am not sure what could be causing this headache of a problem, but if I had to guess, I think that for some reason the user credentials are not being updated on the device, in some aspect. "In some aspect" as sometimes the system accepts the password when I want to change the current password to a new password, but it declines the actual password, for example, when I try to log-in or try to "System Restore". I say this having a good connection to the Internet, so it's not simply a matter of the device not being able to update the user's credentials.

Thank you to whom ever can help.

:)

Mark_xue, Apr 6, 2021

2. Windows 10: Issues with logging into the computer and getting incorrect password message.

Hi George,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is Internet connectivity issue.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "my password in it says it's incorrect", are you trying to login as Microsoft Account or Local Account on the computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check whether caps lock or Num lock in enabled or not while entering the password.

Also I recommend you to enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard. Check if it helps.

1. At the login page.

2. Click on Ease of Access icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the Screen.

3. Then click on On-Screen Keyboard option from the list.

4. Enter the password through On-Screen Keyboard and try to sign in.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with logging into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods:

Method 1

Please follow the steps below to go back to the normal startup:

• Type windows + r to open run command.

• Type msconfig to open system configuration.

• Uncheck the safe mode.

• Then restart the computer and check.
    Method 2

I recommend you to follow the article and check if it helps::

Password says The paramenter is incorrect.

Please get back to us with the updated status. WE will be happy to assist you further.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

Windows 10: Password Incorrect

Hi.

I have the same problem.

On my surface pro the Upgrade went fine, and on my PC it keeps saying incorrect password when I try to log in. I log on my SP without problems With the same Microsoft account.

My pc is online, and there is no other error Message than the incorrect password. I have tried rebooting a lot of times, I have logged out of the SP to try to log in on the pc. I have also changed the password on my Microsoft account, and everythings going
    fine on the SP, and the same incorrect password Message repeats itself on my pc

I have separate licences on my devicess of course, and everything was working fine With Windows 8.1 on both Devices.

Best regards

Øivind Lindland

Seizer1974, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not

1. Windows log-in says password is incorrect when it is not - Similar Threads - log says password

2. I’m trying to log into my Pc and it says my password is incorrect when it’s not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to log into my Pc and it says my password is incorrect when it’s not: I’ve tryed everything I’ve reset my password still says it’s wrong I’ve used the on screen keaboard still said it was wrong I’ve restarted multiple time I’ve did the shift restart thing that didn’t work...
  3. I’m trying to log into my Pc and it says my password is incorrect when it’s not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to log into my Pc and it says my password is incorrect when it’s not: I’ve tryed everything I’ve reset my password still says it’s wrong I’ve used the on screen keaboard still said it was wrong I’ve restarted multiple time I’ve did the shift restart thing that didn’t work...
  4. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  5. Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 says “incorrect password” when logging in or unlocking computer even though my...: Like the title says, I am having this issue with my work computer. I have contacted IT and they reset my password. I can now log in. Next, when I lock my computer because I am away from my desk, I cannot get back in because it says incorrect password. Has been happening for a...
  6. Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...: Hello, As the subject entails, I am trying to log into an old Windows RT Surface to extract the old photos inside but it is not accepting my password. The error messages goes along the lines of saying it is incorrect, I must use my Microsoft live account, and how I can reset...
  7. Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...

Windows RT Surface Trying to Log in with KNOWN password but it's saying that it's INCORRECT...: Hello, As the subject entails, I am trying to log into an old Windows RT Surface to extract the old photos inside but it is not accepting my password. The error messages goes along the lines of saying it is incorrect, I must use my Microsoft live account, and how I can reset...
  8. Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Says Password is Incorrect: My computer was dead for a couple days because of charging problems that I have since fixed. While it was dead, I changed the username on my account. Then, when it started charging it immediately updated. Since then, I have been unable to sign in. No matter what password...
  9. Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can not log on. Says password is incorrect.: I can not log onto my computer. The pin logon option does not come up . Only the password. It states my password is wrong. I can not get online to change password....
  10. Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect Windows 10 password when logging in: Hi guys! I have a very weird problem which I'll try to summarize as clearly as possible. I have upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 using the free upgrade option. Back then I was using the old hotmail account password. Since it was converted to a Microsoft account, Windows says...