Windows 10: Windows login - cannot see on one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...

Discus and support Windows login - cannot see on one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, My PC was left logged in to another user's account 2 days ago. The computer then went to sleep. When restarted it immediately started reporting... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PamFor, Sep 21, 2020.

1. PamFor Win User

Windows login - cannot see on one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...

Hi,

My PC was left logged in to another user's account 2 days ago. The computer then went to sleep.

When restarted it immediately started reporting disk errors, but, since repairing the disk, the PC only has the option of logging in with the user account that was in use before it went to sleep.

Luckily, that account was an Administrators account so I was able to use account management to see that my own Windows account was still there BUT I was not able to switch to it i.e. the PC offered no accounts to Switch to

As I didn't have much data with that account I decided to delete it a re-add it BUT still no difference - PC has just one account still.

Finally I added a brand new local admin account, but same result, no login was allowed with that new local account - the PC shows no choice of accounts to log in at all.

Obviously the disk corruption may have caused some initial errors but I'm baffled as to why the new accounts can't login, despite the fact that they can be seen as accounts that are allowed to log in when I look at the account management screen.

I thought there might be a group policy change that has blocked this brought about by an update? but as this is Win10 Home, I can't do any Policy admin anyway.

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

PamFor, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Kursah Win User

Windows 10 multiple system login crap! [Solved!] Thanks to Kursah!

Windows 10 Sign in: Password, PIN, Picture Password

Using login credentials is best practice, and is going to be more and more among the norms. You can bypass needing a password if you're NOT using a Microsoft account. But if you are, that's an online linked account...wouldn't make any sense to be able to automatically login to a sync'd account without credentials would it?

If you're using local accounts or non-domain accounts, you don't need to have a password to login. See link above, you'll be able to make the changes you need by following that, in a few minutes your frustrations will be gone. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Sep 21, 2020
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Sep 21, 2020
  4. hellrazor Win User

Windows login - cannot see on one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...

How to login to root account in LMDE ?

I don't know about debian edition, but in Gnome Edition I can just login as root with my administrator account password at the login screen - but keep in mind that Gnome Edition is based on Ubuntu and Debian Edition is based on Debian and the only common thing between Ubuntu and Debian is the barest necessities in the Linux kernel.

hellrazor, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows login - cannot see on one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on... - Similar Threads - login cannot account

2. Cannot complete Windows login for one account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot complete Windows login for one account: Since the November update loaded I have been experiencing the following: I login to my main account and as soon as I get to the point where the desktop should begin to be built with all of my app icons the screen goes blank for a second and then the normal background screen...
  3. Cannot complete Windows login for one account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete Windows login for one account: Since the November update loaded I have been experiencing the following: I login to my main account and as soon as I get to the point where the desktop should begin to be built with all of my app icons the screen goes blank for a second and then the normal background screen...
  4. Cannot complete Windows login for one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home: I have been able to login to the 2 other accounts on this now 1+yr old PC until very recently--suddenly there is no option to do switch accounts and it remains in the account of the last logged in user. I have tried adding the fast user switching DWORD manually into the...
  6. Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot login to other users accounts on Windows 11 Home: I have been able to login to the 2 other accounts on this now 1+yr old PC until very recently--suddenly there is no option to do switch accounts and it remains in the account of the last logged in user. I have tried adding the fast user switching DWORD manually into the...
  7. Cannot login to account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login to account: Hi,I recently repaired my hard drive and as I was using a pin to login I had to set it up again from the sign screen. The problem is I have recently changed my Microsoft security measure which requires a 30 day wait and I cannot set up my pin without it. There are also no...
  8. Windows login - Can Only see one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...

Windows login - Can Only see one account to login to Windows 10 despite other accounts on...: Hi, My PC was left logged in to another user's account 2 days ago. The computer then went to sleep. When restarted it immediately started reporting disk errors, but, since repairing the disk, the PC only has the option of logging in with the user account that was in use...
  9. Cannot login to microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot login to microsoft account on windows 10: I was trying to download modern warfare on my computer from the Microsoft store but it says that my computer isn't "linked" to my Microsoft account, even though I have linked my Microsoft account to my computer. Why i cannot just download or buy games without having to link a...
  10. Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account

Windows 10 Home - "Other user" on Login - Unable to see Local Account: This has just started happening this week on Dell and HP desktops with Windows 10 Home. I have a local account for Administrator access on all of them but a few of these PCs have changed behavior and now show the "Other user" login screen. I have to type the admin name and...