Windows 10: Windows login change from pin to password problem

Discus and support Windows login change from pin to password problem in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 Pro 2004 version. When I try to change my login option from PIN to password, you only give me the single option as to login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NecdetDursun, May 19, 2020.

1. Windows login change from pin to password problem

I am running Win 10 Pro 2004 version.

When I try to change my login option from PIN to password, you only give me the single option as to login using my microsoft password only.

DO YOU GUYS DO THIS TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR CİA VS. TO LOGIN TO OUR ACCOUNTS SPENDING LESS TIME TO FIND OUR PASSWORDS?

I PROTEST this manner!

Remember that you are the ones who advise us to use unique passwords for every type of logins.

What CHANGED to forget this?

:)

NecdetDursun, May 19, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 19, 2020
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 19, 2020
  4. Windows login change from pin to password problem

Windows 10 Change password to pin

Hi Ana,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the details.

• Are you able to log in to your desktop?

• Do you see any error code along with the error message?
    I suggest you to go through the below steps and check if it helps.

Follow these steps to set up a PIN on your Windows User Account:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click
      Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Add button.

• Type in the password for your User Account, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.

From now on you’ll be able to log in to your Windows account by entering your 4 digit PIN instead of your password.

You can change your PIN at any time by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows +S key combination to display the Search box.

• Type the word pin into the Search box, then click Set up PIN sign-in.

• Find the “PIN” section and click the Change button.

• Enter your Windows password, then click the
      Ok button.

• Select and enter a new 4 digit numeric pin, then enter it again for confirmation.

• Click the Finish button.

• Exit the PIN setup utility.
    Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows login change from pin to password problem

1. Windows login change from pin to password problem - Similar Threads - login change pin

2. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Suddenly password login changed to pin?: Has anyone else experienced an overnight update to windows 10 only to find your once password login is gone and now it is asking for a pin? I have never set up my device for a pin login. I am not a super tech so I keep things easy. The pin log in does not have a forgot pin...
  3. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly password login changed to pin?: Has anyone else experienced an overnight update to windows 10 only to find your once password login is gone and now it is asking for a pin? I have never set up my device for a pin login. I am not a super tech so I keep things easy. The pin log in does not have a forgot pin...
  4. Suddenly password login changed to pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.: Hi.I set up a PIN I didn't want to but I didn't think it would hurt, I suppose I should have known better given Microsoft's atrocious track record to access work emails via outlook on my home PC.Doing this has apparently reset my login method to my home PC to using this...
  6. Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted change from Password to PIN login.: Hi.I set up a PIN I didn't want to but I didn't think it would hurt, I suppose I should have known better given Microsoft's atrocious track record to access work emails via outlook on my home PC.Doing this has apparently reset my login method to my home PC to using this...
  7. I want to change from a pin login to a password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change from a pin login to a password.: When I go to settings and click on Sign in Options I do not see the PIN REMOVE option.Please respond to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. James Bennett...
  8. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  9. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  10. Change from PIN to Password Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change from PIN to Password Login: Hi all, please help me with the issue below: I’m using Windows 10, and I was using password to log into my laptop. However, after updating windows, I was prompted to change to PIN, so I started using PIN for a while. Now, for some reasons after updating Windows, I was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get in windowns 10 incorrect password or change pin