Windows 10: Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

Discus and support Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have a user have sporadic issues trying to switch between Hello Face, Pin & Password. There would be a 30 second to 2 minute delay for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JrumR, Dec 6, 2023.

1. JrumR Win User

Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

Hello, I have a user have sporadic issues trying to switch between Hello Face, Pin & Password. There would be a 30 second to 2 minute delay for the text box to show up when switching through each option.Eventually the user was able to logon by clicking first on "Other User", and then select the Pin field.I have cleared %temp% files and disabled quiet a few startup apps, but unsure if this might be a temporary fix for an underlying problem.Recently I've been notified more people are also experiencing this same sort of delay. Most users are using Surface Laptop's 3/4.Anyone have any ideas of

:)

JrumR, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 6, 2023
  4. Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

1. Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password - Similar Threads - Login Delay between

2. Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Login - Delay between selecting Hello Face, Pin & Password: Hello, I have a user have sporadic issues trying to switch between Hello Face, Pin & Password. There would be a 30 second to 2 minute delay for the text box to show up when switching through each option.Eventually the user was able to logon by clicking first on "Other User",...
  3. Hello Face not working at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Face not working at login: New Surface Go, fully updated windows 10. Hello Face camera not working at login. Camera works for taking pictures it did my profile pic once logged in but Happy Face isn't available, only fingerprint and pin. Have uninstalled camera, driver is current, rebooted. I have two...
  4. Hello Face not working at login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Face not working at login: New Surface Go, fully updated windows 10. Hello Face camera not working at login. Camera works for taking pictures it did my profile pic once logged in but Happy Face isn't available, only fingerprint and pin. Have uninstalled camera, driver is current, rebooted. I have two...
  5. Hello face login

Hello face login: Hello there I bought Lenovo Thinkbook 14s Yoga ITL laptop a couple of days ago. My Hello Face is not working. My question whether its related to hardware about my camera or software that is not downloaded on my computer? Please for precise answer about this issue. Best...
  6. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN: Hi, I just bought an Asus vivobook S15 S533, and all those windows hello sign-in options are sadly unavailable. I have tried as many steps I found online and in the community website but ffs nothing work. Idk what to do anymore. Please, I want to enjoy those features too...
  7. Windows Hello Face Login

Windows Hello Face Login: i have an asus desktop which has an webcam so i thought windows hello face login would work but it said unavailable so i was a little dissapointed but still i wish microsoft makes it available for all laptops and desktop only face id...
  8. Windows Hello Pin/Windows Hello face

Windows Hello Pin/Windows Hello face: Has anyone came across or having the issue where Windows Hello Face and Windows Hello Pin are not working the message that i am seeing is currently unavailable or Credentials cannot be verified. was working fine until i changed my pin. I can change my pin from the sign in...
  9. Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition

Locked out of Windows login with PIN, password, Face recognition: Hello All, A few days ago I tried to log into my HP laptop, I usually do this with face recognition, but this time it did not work. I tried my PIN, it said "incorrect", I then tried my password which it also said was incorrect. I then tried my 3 questions to reset/recover my...
  10. not workings Hello Face,PIN,Password

not workings Hello Face,PIN,Password: I'm facing sign-in problem in my leptop.I'm using asus vivobook s531FL windows 10.but last few days i can't log in to my leptop. my Hello Face is not working and asking for pin.but here Pin and Password nothing is working. Everything is not accepting just shows that...