Windows 10: Windows login fails on new laptop

Discus and support Windows login fails on new laptop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows Hello failed and offered signon with PIN which I did not have. Now it's locked up from too many tries. Windows logon still works on home pc.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RosemaryFrench, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Windows login fails on new laptop

Windows Hello failed and offered signon with PIN which I did not have. Now it's locked up from too many tries. Windows logon still works on home pc. May be corrupt on new device. Also locked out of reinstalling Windows. Solutions?

:)

RosemaryFrench, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 29, 2018
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 29, 2018
  4. chideock Win User

Windows login fails on new laptop

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows login fails on new laptop

1. Windows login fails on new laptop - Similar Threads - login fails laptop

2. Login Failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Failed: I use microsoft pin to lock my computer, then I reset the computer, when I try to use pin to login after reset got error message "the user profile service failed the sign-in, user profile cannot be loaded" how do I fix it?...
  3. Login Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login Failed: I use microsoft pin to lock my computer, then I reset the computer, when I try to use pin to login after reset got error message "the user profile service failed the sign-in, user profile cannot be loaded" how do I fix it?...
  4. Login Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Failing to Login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Failing to Login: Hello all, I came home from class today and tried to boot up my computer which I never shut down, so that was weird and instead of bringing me to the normal login screen, a command prompt appeared asking me to log in that way instead. I understand that this means I...
  6. login failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    login failed: receive service failed login F8 does nothing I just get to chase myself sign-in screen is all I get https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-failed/7b6f3811-a077-451a-a0de-f56c80f5cdb7
  7. Login failed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failed: Parul here, I am facing a strange issue. My account is not validating my email and password. I want to login to microsoft account to add my new Dell latitude. However I am falied to sgnin....
  8. New Laptop Login settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Laptop Login settings: When I go to login with a Microsoft account, it has me enter my email address and the password, when it comes up with the screen asking to enter in the password one more time, it keeps telling me the password is wrong but it's not. The only way I could login to my PC was...
  9. new laptop setup failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new laptop setup failed: Wife's 'Black Friday' laptop. We couldn't remember her Microsoft account- or maybe never had one. after numerous attempts, codes from Microsoft, and more- we can't even get past the welcome screen. Nothing, no way to get 'into' computer. Microsoft even locked her RR email,...
  10. Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows update created new login screen, auto login fails: Hey! I did the windows 10 1809 update so I could play with RTX. Before this update I have been able to login automatically without typing any password, but after the update a new login screen appeard which breaks this. First it says that I entered the wrong username or...