Windows 10: Windows login "Like what you see?" does not appear when External USB drive Policy is set to...

Discus and support Windows login "Like what you see?" does not appear when External USB drive Policy is set to... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I boot my computer using the most up to date version of Windows 10 Pro with all Windows updates current as of today, I normally see the image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jyunte, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Jyunte Win User

Windows login "Like what you see?" does not appear when External USB drive Policy is set to...

When I boot my computer using the most up to date version of Windows 10 Pro with all Windows updates current as of today, I normally see the image behind the Windows login, and there are various prompts, one of which is "Do you like what you see?" others include buttons to tell you more about the image, Internet settings, Power options etc.

Today, I added an NVMe enclosure, which is attached by USB 3. When I booted the computer again, I noticed that the ONLY thing on the Windows login screen was the password box, and an icon for "Internet". None of the other prompts showed up, even after leaving the Windows logon screen for several minutes.

I experimented, and found that if I go to Disk Manager, and change the disk policy for the USB enclosure from "Quick Removal" to "Write Cache Enabled" and reboot, all the options I had before on the Windows logon screen return. If I change it back to "Quick Removal", those options disappear again.

I imagine this is a bug?

:)

Jyunte, Aug 9, 2020

2. What has happened to the additional drives that appeared in the Windows Explorer for external USB devices

Hi Alan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

For better understanding please answer the below questions:

• Does the USB drive shows in the Device Manager?
    • Is the computer detecting the connected USB devices?
    • Have you checked the USB drives on the different computers?
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if that helps:

Method 1:

Check if you are able to see the USB External DVD drive in Disk Management. If you are able to see the USB External DVD drive in Disk Management, follow the steps to assign the drive letter:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
    Do one of the following:

• To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click
      Add
      , click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.
    • To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click
      OK.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall USB controllers and check. This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right click a device and click Uninstall.
    • Repeat for each device. Once complete, restart your computer.
    • Your USB controllers will automatically install.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    My USB Backup drive does not show in My Computer window.

Hi Meran,

A few possible reason can cause your external drive to not show in File Explorer. To diagnose and fix this issue, we suggest that you check the Disk Management window. To open it, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start button.
    • Select Disk Management.
    • Alternatively, you can search diskmgmt.msc in Cortana.

Examine the list of drives in the Disk Management window and look for your external drive. Even if it doesn’t show up in File Explorer, it should appear here. If the drive appears, it may not be appearing in File Explorer because it needs to be assigned
    a drive letter. To do this, right-click the partition on the drive in Disk Management and select
    Change Drive Letter and Paths.

If you don’t see the drive in the Disk Management window at all, we suggest that you try connecting the drive to a different USB port or use a different USB cable. We also recommend that you avoid using USB hubs, and connect the drive directly to your computer.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Windows login "Like what you see?" does not appear when External USB drive Policy is set to...

Loss of External drives

Hi,

For better assistance, kindly verify the queries below:

• What is the make and model of the external drives?
    • Have you checked if both drivers are recognized on the BIOS settings?
    • Are you connecting the external hard drives via USB?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far for this issue?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows login "Like what you see?" does not appear when External USB drive Policy is set to... - Similar Threads - login does appear

2. Like what you see photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Like what you see photos: Are the "like what you see" photos submitted by photographers? If so, is there compensation for them, either per view, like, comment or outright purchase by Microsoft?...
  3. screen Like what you see?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen Like what you see?: help what happened to the screen Like what you see? now when i turn on screen all i get is some blue screen. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-like-what-you-see/4b01db31-453d-4c9b-acde-a7aae79d4d37
  4. screen Like what you see?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen Like what you see?: help what happened to the screen Like what you see? now when i turn on screen all i get is some blue screen. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-like-what-you-see/4b01db31-453d-4c9b-acde-a7aae79d4d37
  5. "Like what you see?" option

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Like what you see?" option: Since I upgraded to W10 on my HPLaptop, when I log in there are these beautiful pictures and in the right hand corner it says "Like what you see?" and gives me the option to say yes or no. My question is how do I save the picture I like or get it to come back? Is there a way...
  6. Like what you see?

Like what you see?: Why can I no longer see "Like what you see?" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/like-what-you-see/2d271056-f7d8-48a3-bb9a-cc5577447765
  7. Like what you see pictures

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Like what you see pictures: It would be great if Microsoft Could also post pictures of environmental degradation and ask "how can I help" or "how can I get involved" to raise awareness of the many issues we have created and need to address. For example, the stunning ocean pictures we like to see do not...
  8. "Like What You See" pictures

"Like What You See" pictures: How do stop them from appearing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/like-what-you-see-pictures/c9969140-dae6-4a5d-95f5-982cf1589906
  9. Like what you see?

Like what you see?: Had I realized I had to deal with pictures I do not like I would have looked to other resources . I hate signing in to an obtrusive picture one worse then the other. Even when not a fan, continue to show. Windows and Bing are awful that is why I switched browsers....
  10. "Like what you see?" missing

"Like what you see?" missing: Can I please have assistance to restore "Like what you see?" on the lock screen / spotlight? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/like-what-you-see-missing/daf28175-b9cc-4907-8a00-ce0f120d9bbd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 login screen do you like what you see