Windows 10: Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

Discus and support Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nancy Mortensen, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it:

right click START
    run
    type in- netplwiz
    ok
    uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc)
    apply

type in password
    ok
    ok again
    restart

---------------------------------

So, my question is why does it still at times make me use my password? TY

:)

Nancy Mortensen, Nov 15, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up

1. Windows login password. Do not want to use it to at start up - Similar Threads - login password start

2. How do I get rid of this password during start-up before the Windows login?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of this password during start-up before the Windows login?: Hello everyone!I'm wanting to give away my laptop/tablet, but it has a password dialogue box that appears before reaching the Windows login page see picture. I know the password, but it is inappropriate and I'd rather not pass that along to someone else. I'd like to just get...
  3. password not working for advanced start-up login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working for advanced start-up login: Someone named cybot already asked this quition please solve this and let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-not-working-for-advanced-start-up-login/e8396626-d82e-4a20-a22b-f14f4887f78f
  4. Windows 10 start up login password problems.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 start up login password problems.: Can any please help me get back into my laptop? my hp laptop updated windows 10 a couple of nights ago and when i went to turn it on yesterday it would not accept my usual password, ive tried every password i have ever used and still cant get in. I keep ketting the password...
  5. I do not want a login password !

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want a login password !: How do I login without a password !!! I do not want one - at all. This is ridiculous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-a-login-password/46a9a6c0-5a9f-463a-a91d-283a35dec628
  6. password not working for advanced start-up login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working for advanced start-up login: Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18632.329) I need to uninstall the latest update from windows 10 (kb4512941) to test an issue occurring with a virtual machine (whole separate issue than this one), but when I put in my password when asked at the advanced startup screen, it rejects...
  7. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  8. Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up

Windows login password. Do not want to use it at start up: I have it set so I do not have to use my login password every time I start up my laptop. It works sometimes. This is what I do not to use it: right click START run type in- netplwiz ok uncheck (users must enter a user name, etc) apply type in password ok ok again restart...
  9. Want to login with password, not pin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Want to login with password, not pin: Hello, I'm having an issue with a new laptop that I just bought for my wife. Trying to get it set up, and apparently I can only login using a pin. I have no option for a password, which I prefer. Further, instead of simply displaying a first name at login, it is showing the...
  10. start up login

start up login: i started my computer and i typed my pin for the account but its appears saying that '' you cant sign in with this account try a different account'' can someone please help me out with this?...