Windows 10: Windows login picture changed on its own

Discus and support Windows login picture changed on its own in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I changed my Twitter account profile picture yesterday and somehow my windows profile picture changed to that picture as well. How in the world did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacksonLamme, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Windows login picture changed on its own

I changed my Twitter account profile picture yesterday and somehow my windows profile picture changed to that picture as well. How in the world did that happen?

:)

JacksonLamme, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Auto login and pictures at login

Hi,

Thanks for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Though you have enabled auto login and there is no lock screen, you should still be able to see the user account picture on the Welcome screen and the same picture (set as user account picture) can be set as the login page background.

To set the custom picture as the login screen background, please follow the steps given below.

• Go to Settings->Personalization->Lock screen.
    • Click on the dropdown list under Background and select
      Picture.
    • Click on the Browse button under
      Choose your picture
    • Browse to the location where the picture is saved and select the desired picture.
    • Similarly, to set the same image as the user account picture, open the Settings app.
    • Go to Accounts->Your info->Browse for one.
    • Browse to the location where the image is saved and select it to set it as the user account picture.

Since you’re on the Enterprise edition of Windows 10, we do have a dedicated support forum for Enterprise versions of Windows, Windows servers and systems which are part of any domain or corporate environment. I suggest to post your query in Microsoft
    TechNet forums for further help and information about
    this issue.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 23, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. fdm2000 Win User

Windows login picture changed on its own

Ways to bypass the login theme and signin do not work

Tried setting netplwiz in option 1 step 4 which shows no check in users must enter ..... no bypass of login

Tried step 4 in option 5 below to disable require sign-on on wakeup via policy via registry but still no change on wakeup still getting the screen picture that requires hitting Esc to move to the sign in window which shows a silhouette image, my user name and a sign in button in order to access my desktop screen. Guess I will have to live with the extra steps.

Again thanks for your interest and suggestions.

fdm2000, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows login picture changed on its own

1. Windows login picture changed on its own - Similar Threads - login picture changed

2. Windows changing window on its own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows changing window on its own.: i have an annoying problem. windows switches windows or applications on its own. eg. I'm working in an excel file and suddenly I'm in the file explorer. it's like hitting win + tab. I had this problem in windows 10 and still have it after upgrading to windows 11. I hope you...
  3. Windows changing window on its own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows changing window on its own.: i have an annoying problem. windows switches windows or applications on its own. eg. I'm working in an excel file and suddenly I'm in the file explorer. it's like hitting win + tab. I had this problem in windows 10 and still have it after upgrading to windows 11. I hope you...
  4. Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows spotlight on lockscreen not working, changes to "Pictures" on its own.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rex_Z9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vhnadc/windows_spotlight_on_lockscreen_not_working/
  5. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  6. Tabs changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabs changing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arry__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfhw69/tabs_changing_on_its_own/
  7. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  8. My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own

in Windows 10 Support
    My Lockscreen Picture Keeps Changing on its Own: English isn't my first language so sorry for bad grammar. Here is the picture I found out this problem about two days ago. My lockscreen keeps changing to a picture that I've never seen or remember downloading before even though my lockscreen is on picture mode. I tried...
  9. Time changing on its own

Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  10. Color changed on its own

Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com