Windows 10: Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode

Discus and support Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, The computer has Windows 10 and PIN was used to login. I have enabled Safe mode using MSConfig with administrator rights (when trying to save... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PE7, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PE7
    PE7 Win User

Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode

Hello,

The computer has Windows 10 and PIN was used to login.
    I have enabled Safe mode using MSConfig with administrator rights (when trying to save new settings without administrator rights, the MSConfig reported that necessary file to enable Safe mode is used by another program) and restarted computer as requested by MSConfig.
    When login screen appeared, PIN no longer worked, and no one remembers the password.
    I cannot log into system in any way.

What should I do?

:)

2. Xylee Del Win User

PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 29, 2019
  3. PE7
    PE7 Win User

Hello,

The computer has Windows 10 and PIN was used to login.

I have enabled Safe mode using MSConfig with administrator rights (when trying to save new settings without administrator rights, the MSConfig reported that necessary file to enable Safe mode is used by another program) and restarted computer as requested by
    MSConfig.

When login screen appeared, PIN no longer worked, and no one remembers the password.

I cannot log into system in any way.

What should I do?

4. Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows login PIN code does not work in Safe mode - Similar Threads - login PIN code

2. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender does not work in safe mode: Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work-in-safe-mode/0e321b17-c13c-4cda-8c0e-21f757a595ad
  3. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender does not work in safe mode: Windows Defender does not work in safe modeIs it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-does-not-work-in-safe-mode/0e321b17-c13c-4cda-8c0e-21f757a595ad
  4. Windows Defender does not work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  6. login pin code not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    login pin code not working: hi, i am having a very frustrating problem with my laptop which is a windows 10 hp laptop. Recently my start button and start icons were not working so i decided to fix it by updating my windows system then after that i safe booted my pc by ticking network and straight...
  7. Keyboard does not work in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard does not work in safe mode.: So I just built a brand new gaming pc, and there was a black screen on the monitor because I didn't plug it into the graphics card and instead on the IO shield. I decided to turn the pc onto safe mode but then I realized I plugged the hdmi into the wrong place. I fixed the...
  8. W10 Login with PIN code in SAFE mode is refused

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    W10 Login with PIN code in SAFE mode is refused: When I login in W10 in Safe mode, the pincode is refused. Is this a bug? How can this be solved? 125340
  9. W10 Login with PIN code in SAFE mode is refused

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Login with PIN code in SAFE mode is refused: When I login in W10 in Safe mode, the pincode is refused. Is this a bug? How can this be solved? 125340
  10. Pin does not work for login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Pin does not work for login: Hi, I am on latest insider build 14372. For the past view insider builds on this particular machine I can no longer in via pin. Always says incorrect. It use to work. It works on my other machine with same build. I can login with my MS account and change pin.? 55086

Users found this page by searching for:

1. login usin pin windows safemode

2. went into safe mode with pin

3. login to safe mode with pin

4. safe mode does not recognise pin