Windows 10: Windows login reset problem

Discus and support Windows login reset problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I followed instructions that I found online for resetting my windows pin but I have not had any luck. When I get to step 5 of 7, and click continue, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by G.Benjamin, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Windows login reset problem

I followed instructions that I found online for resetting my windows pin but I have not had any luck. When I get to step 5 of 7, and click continue, I am brought to the screen that says something went wrong. If I click retry, the error message simply reloads. If I click skip for now, I am brought back to a page asking for a pin.

:)

G.Benjamin, Jun 27, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 27, 2022
  3. Password reset problem

Hi Annor,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

You can also refer to the below Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 27, 2022
  4. Windows login reset problem

network reset is not solving the wifi login problem

Hi Shahed,

Resetting your Wi-Fi router is one of the maintenance procedures that may refresh your network connectivity. In this way, it could eliminate latency and will return your network status like when you started using the Internet. To resolve
    your concern, we suggest that you reset your TCP/IP or
    Internet Protocol
    to its default settings. To do this, follow the instructions below:

Step #1: Perform an Internet connection reset via
    Command Prompt. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.

2. Type cmd, then press Enter.

3. Type the following commands, then press Enter after typing each commands below:

netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt

netsh winhttp reset proxy

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

4. Restart your PC to complete the process.

Step #2: We also suggest that you restart your router and wait for 15-30 seconds then turn it on again. Visit this link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10
    for more troubleshooting alternatives for your Internet connection.

Step #3: Ping Microsoft server
    then tell us the result through a screenshot.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run window.
    • Type cmd, then press Enter.
    • Type ping www.microsoft.com,
      then press
      Enter.
    • If you receive 4 replies, your connection with the site is working properly.
    • If you got a request time out, your Internet connection has issues.

Step #4: Disable all other anti-virus programs and enable
    Windows Defender only.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows login reset problem

1. Windows login reset problem - Similar Threads - login reset problem

2. RESET LOGIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RESET LOGIN: I forgot my login password for the computer login screen, I reset the password but I still get password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-login/c4251104-ab00-4f17-8c6a-56b0096b059a
  3. RESET LOGIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RESET LOGIN: I forgot my login password for the computer login screen, I reset the password but I still get password is incorrect. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-login/c4251104-ab00-4f17-8c6a-56b0096b059a
  4. Windows login reset problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows login reset problem: I followed instructions that I found online for resetting my windows pin but I have not had any luck. When I get to step 5 of 7, and click continue, I am brought to the screen that says something went wrong. If I click retry, the error message simply reloads. If I click skip...
  5. Windows Login Tries reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Login Tries reset: Stupidly, I've spammes wronge my windows 10 password wronge cause i had my language swapped. Windoes now is on Bitlocker mode which i didn't enable, maybe old user had it . i tried to contact him but he didn't remember the bitlocker key. Anychance i can reopen windows 10...
  6. Problem login windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem login windows: I have a problem in Windows logging and the cursor does not appear or anything, what can I do, what can I do?https://youtu.be/v5bYhMULNJE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-login-windows/5df4ee23-eae7-4702-8463-7ef4446ad24d
  7. Window login problem

Window login problem: my hotmail account is disabled of mistyping many times and I used it for Windows 10 logon. To log in, it says my passwords are wrong. I can't reach to my hotmail. How should I do after I have been tested all the ways of changing username, localgroup administrator passwords in...
  8. Windows login problem

Windows login problem: I cant login to my pc after resetting my pc[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-login-problem/07c779f3-80d8-4951-99db-da826e209cdf
  9. Problem Login to Windows

Problem Login to Windows: i can not get logged in on my laptop! when i put in my password and hit enter it stays loading and won't go any further than that. [Original Title: wodows 10 on hp laptop]...
  10. Login on reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Login on reset: I have had to do a reset on my laptop due to boot loop. I now cant login. I have tried my microsoft login but I assume it doesnt work due to no internet connection. Wont allow me to connect that either. Any help would be appreciated....