Windows 10: Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

Discus and support Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Installed windows update, now it shows "set up my pin", nothing happens when I click on it. I use shift+restart to launch recover options. None of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Snips1, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Snips1 Win User

Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

Installed windows update, now it shows "set up my pin", nothing happens when I click on it. I use shift+restart to launch recover options. None of the options function without a windows login. It doesn't recognize my password. I've used my phone to reset the Microsoft password. It still says it's incorrect. What can I do? I have access to another computer if needed.

:)

Snips1, Nov 2, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 2, 2022
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 2, 2022
  4. Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

1. Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens. - Similar Threads - login says set

2. Can’t sign in to desktop Says set up pin …..nothing happens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in to desktop Says set up pin …..nothing happens: So i downloaded windows 11 worked fine then next day it wouldn’t let me log in it says “Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again” when i do it says I need to look for an app in the App Store so i click yes on the pop up and nothing...
  3. Can’t sign in to desktop Says set up pin …..nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t sign in to desktop Says set up pin …..nothing happens: So i downloaded windows 11 worked fine then next day it wouldn’t let me log in it says “Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again” when i do it says I need to look for an app in the App Store so i click yes on the pop up and nothing...
  4. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.: More information:I am using my standard email email a for the account i use on my computerA service i am using requires me to use another email email bI have the password for email b and am currently changing the phone number it is associated with have to wait 29 daysWhenever...
  5. Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service requires a PIN to login, I set up a PIN but it says its incorrect.: More information:I am using my standard email email a for the account i use on my computerA service i am using requires me to use another email email bI have the password for email b and am currently changing the phone number it is associated with have to wait 29 daysWhenever...
  6. Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.: Installed windows update, now it shows "set up my pin", nothing happens when I click on it. I use shift+restart to launch recover options. None of the options function without a windows login. It doesn't recognize my password. I've used my phone to reset the Microsoft...
  7. Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows login says "set up pin", nothing happens.: Installed windows update, now it shows "set up my pin", nothing happens when I click on it. I use shift+restart to launch recover options. None of the options function without a windows login. It doesn't recognize my password. I've used my phone to reset the Microsoft...
  8. Cant log into laptop with PIN. Says something happened your PIN isn't available. Set up...

Cant log into laptop with PIN. Says something happened your PIN isn't available. Set up...: Says PIN unavailable. Tried changing PIN still cant log in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-into-laptop-with-pin-says-something/bdd1b942-8d37-4ce7-9d1a-6558b422d9ef
  9. Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening: I have a 1 month old laptop and this is my first Win10 machine (long time Win7 user). I have it connected wirelessly to a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the HP print drivers. For the most part, everything works fine, but have a...
  10. Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows says "Printing", but nothing happening: I have a 1 month old laptop and this is my first Win10 machine (long time Win7 user). I have it connected wirelessly to a HP Officejet 4500 G510n-z. I downloaded and installed the latest version of the HP print drivers. For the most part, everything works fine, but have a...