Windows 10: Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.

Discus and support Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows login screen displays "New User" as the account when I already have an account. I've tried restarting it but it didn't work. I don't know the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by helpmepls123_456, May 9, 2023.

1. Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.

Windows login screen displays "New User" as the account when I already have an account. I've tried restarting it but it didn't work. I don't know the password for the "New User" account as well, so I can't sign in. Please fix. It is Windows 10 and is a Dell laptop. I don't want to lose any data.

:)

helpmepls123_456, May 9, 2023
  2. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, May 9, 2023
  3. ATIonion Win User
    login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, May 9, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.

Cannot Login with New User Account in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

• What exactly happens when you try to login with new user account?

• Are you getting any error message?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to Enable
    the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, and then try to create new user account and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check whether your able to login to windows or not.

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, May 9, 2023
Thema:

Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.

1. Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix. - Similar Threads - Login Screen displays

2. Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.: Windows login screen displays "New User" as the account when I already have an account. I've tried restarting it but it didn't work. I don't know the password for the "New User" account as well, so I can't sign in. Please fix. It is Windows 10 and is a Dell laptop. I don't...
  3. Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Login Screen displays New user as the account. Please fix.: Windows login screen displays "New User" as the account when I already have an account. I've tried restarting it but it didn't work. I don't know the password for the "New User" account as well, so I can't sign in. Please fix. It is Windows 10 and is a Dell laptop. I don't...
  4. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Accounts won't display on Login Page: Hi all,I just finished setting up windows 10 on my machine, I added another user on my pc, but I cannot see the user from the login page and there is no option to switch to that account. The only solution is setting dontdisplaylastusername regedit to 1 or true, I was able to...
  5. User Accounts won't display on Login Page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Accounts won't display on Login Page: Hi all,I just finished setting up windows 10 on my machine, I added another user on my pc, but I cannot see the user from the login page and there is no option to switch to that account. The only solution is setting dontdisplaylastusername regedit to 1 or true, I was able to...
  6. User account is not being displayed on login screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account is not being displayed on login screen in Windows 10: Hello All, I opened up and powered up my HP laptop yesterday 8/31/20 and it immediately started doing a BIOS update and Firmware updates. I had been meaning to perform these updates, but I don't use this laptop that often. After it appeared to finish updating, it went to the...
  7. admin user account display name on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    admin user account display name on login: I cannot change the display name when I log into my computer. Other posts say to go to user accounts and click it twice, but I do not see a second user account option. I have tried all the options available....
  8. User accounts / login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  9. User accounts / login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    User accounts / login screen: Hello, I have two issues and I suspect they are related. I am using Windows 10 version 1909. Ultimately, I want to disable the login screen when starting windows. I have unchecked the box that asks for a password under netplwiz, and unchecked the box for password login...
  10. How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to display multiple local user accounts at login screen?: Hello, My laptop is joined to a domain. In addition I created a number of local user accounts. I would like that all local accounts always appear every time I start the computer. Now only the last account logged in shows up, together with the 'Other' option. Kind...