Windows 10: Windows login screen says there's an error with my PIN and it won't accept my password

Discus and support Windows login screen says there's an error with my PIN and it won't accept my password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I've been trying to log on to my computer on the windows home screen - it's asking for my password I've entered it correctly, I even changed it twice... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Colby_725, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Colby_725 Win User

Windows login screen says there's an error with my PIN and it won't accept my password

I've been trying to log on to my computer on the windows home screen - it's asking for my password I've entered it correctly, I even changed it twice to make sure and it says it's incorrect. When I select "forgot password" it just reloads to the login screen and nothing happens. It won't even allow me to enter my PIN because it says there's an error. Tried to system restore and it still says my password is incorrect.

:)

Colby_725, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Doug399 Win User

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Windows login screen says there's an error with my PIN and it won't accept my password

Locked out of Laptop. The screen will not accept my four digit pin.

Hello Frank,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with login issue. We will certainly help you.

It would be grate if you can reply to this questions to assist you further:

• What happens when you to try to use your PIN to login?
    • Have you tried using password to login in place of PIN?
    • Do you receive any error message or code when you try to login?
    • Have you tried using the on-screen keyboard to type in the PIN to login?

Try using the on-screen keyboard to type the PIN and check if it works.
    Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login. If still not bale to login then we suggest you to try to use password option in place of PIN to login.

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows login screen says there's an error with my PIN and it won't accept my password

1. Windows login screen says there's an error with my PIN and it won't accept my password - Similar Threads - login screen says

2. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login: Hello I made a poor selection while trying to trouble shootan issue with a program on my laptop.I tried booting into diagnostic mode using msconfig, and made wrong selections. When it rebooted it would not accept my pin# to login.I cannot boot into command prompt or do any...
  3. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login: Hello I made a poor selection while trying to trouble shootan issue with a program on my laptop.I tried booting into diagnostic mode using msconfig, and made wrong selections. When it rebooted it would not accept my pin# to login.I cannot boot into command prompt or do any...
  4. Windows 10 won't accept pin# at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my windows 10 login pin is not accepting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 10 login pin is not accepting: my windows 10 login pin is not accepting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-login-pin-is-not-accepting/de2ba1eb-666e-4f1f-8007-73ed12a9d19c
  6. my windows 10 login pin is not accepting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 10 login pin is not accepting: my windows 10 login pin is not accepting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-login-pin-is-not-accepting/de2ba1eb-666e-4f1f-8007-73ed12a9d19c
  7. Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop won't accept PIN# and no password: Trying to login to windows on my laptop. First says Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again. I click set up PIN and the Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Or You need to install an app for this task. Would you like to...
  8. Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?

Why won't my laptop accept my password at login?: Hi, My password wasn't accepted when I logged into windows on laptop. I got the error message: "The password is incorrect. Make sure youre using the password for your Microsoft acct. You can always reset it at account.live.com" I reset my password but have the same issue...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...
  10. Log in screen won't accept my password

Log in screen won't accept my password: Hello, I booted up my laptop after a few months of it being away. I typed in my password but it said that the password was incorrect I was confused as I hadn't changed my password recently but either way I started the password recovery process. Confirmed my identity with...