Windows 10: Windows login screen will not accept a normal character from the alphabet a-z

Discus and support Windows login screen will not accept a normal character from the alphabet a-z in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all, maybe this post will help someone who has the same problem: I locked my Windows 10 Enterprise and later wanted to login back. I typed in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Tavsan08, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Tavsan08 Win User

Windows login screen will not accept a normal character from the alphabet a-z

Hi all,

maybe this post will help someone who has the same problem:

I locked my Windows 10 Enterprise and later wanted to login back.

I typed in my password but it was always saying that the password is wrong... Until I noticed something:

Problem:

The password field in the login screen did not accept one character from my keyboards.

It was not a special character, just a normal one from the alphabet a-z in small case, so i did not use "shift" or "caps lock".

Hardware:

- German keyboard via USB (logitech)

- German keyboard on laptop (Lenevo Thinkpad T480)

What I tried:

- disconnect the USB keyboard, re-plug it.

- disconnect the USB keyboard, only used laptop keyboard.

- disconnect everything from the laptop and go to a colleague and showed him the bug on the laptop keyboard
    - nothing helped...

Solution (kind of):

- go a second colleague who was further away and show him the bug but suddenly the character was recognized again and no more bug

- so maybe you just have to wait 1 minute and then check if the character will get accepted again

PS: I did not checked all characters on the keyboard but the one I needed was not send to the password field. I also did not try the on-screen keyboard.

:)

Tavsan08, Oct 9, 2019
  2. abuab Win User

Dialler alphabetic characters

I've got a simple query about the dialler on my 5800 Express Music phone. How come there aren't any alphabetical characters displayed on the numbers, or an option to display them, (such as, 1 - abc, etc) on the dialler... but there are on the alphanumeric
    pad? It would be helpful to have alphabetical characters displayed on the dialler because when I phone my mobile phone company I am requested to enter certain characters from my password.

Thanks

abuab, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    latest Windows 10 update changed my Login Background screen, is that normal

Hi,

If you're coming from a different version of operating system, the login screen on Windows 10 has changed and it is normal. The good new is that you can change the background of the login screen and it's very easy to do. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start icon
    • Click Settings
    • Click Personalization
    • Click Lock screen
    • Select the background that you prefer
    Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Windows login screen will not accept a normal character from the alphabet a-z

Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows login screen will not accept a normal character from the alphabet a-z

1. Windows login screen will not accept a normal character from the alphabet a-z - Similar Threads - login screen accept

2. The product key does not accept the letter z

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The product key does not accept the letter z: The product key does not accept the letter z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-product-key-does-not-accept-the-letter-z/df2154cd-6fbe-4bbb-acfa-6455d012032c
  3. The product key does not accept the letter z

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The product key does not accept the letter z: The product key does not accept the letter z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-product-key-does-not-accept-the-letter-z/df2154cd-6fbe-4bbb-acfa-6455d012032c
  4. The product key does not accept the letter z

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?: I rebooted my new Mac Book Pro computer and noticed that my files were suddenly arranged upside down, or alphabetized from Z to A. Before this, all my files had been from A to Z. That's the normal way to look at files.My computer does not offer an ascending to descending...
  6. How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?: I rebooted my new Mac Book Pro computer and noticed that my files were suddenly arranged upside down, or alphabetized from Z to A. Before this, all my files had been from A to Z. That's the normal way to look at files.My computer does not offer an ascending to descending...
  7. How to arrange my File Names alphabetically from A to Z?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Alphabetical sort of regional characters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical sort of regional characters: I have a problem in Excel, which I think originates from Windows. I need to sort a list which is "numbered" with two letters. So it means that "aa." should appear as the first item, "ab." as the second, "ac." as the third etc. Before this used to work fine, - but for some...
  9. Login characters not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login characters not accepted: When turning off my Acer notebook pc last night I was told there was a software update. I just logged out. Today when turning on pc I got the normal software updating blue screen. I waited until I got the login wallpaper then pressed enter and got the login box. I entered...
  10. Chinese alphabet characters on taskbar popup calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese alphabet characters on taskbar popup calendar: Can anyone tell me how to get rid of these Chinese fonts on the taskbar calendar, please? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-alphabet-characters-on-taskbar-popup/565a004a-c9aa-4f47-bb80-c1ef92877f24