Windows 10: Windows login stopped taking automatic login

Discus and support Windows login stopped taking automatic login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I got this computer a few months ago, it was not accepting the choices I made for it to automatically log me in on start up. After a month it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KP75075, Jun 7, 2020.

1. KP75075 Win User

Windows login stopped taking automatic login

When I got this computer a few months ago, it was not accepting the choices I made for it to automatically log me in on start up. After a month it finally started logging me in without a pin or password.

Now it's doing it again. All of a sudden, I have to put in my pin number to get into the pc. I have not changed anything, and all of the settings for logging in automatically are still there.

Is there something wrong with the login program? Is there any way to completely disconnect it permanently where it automatically logs me in on start up?

HP Envy

Win 10

:)

KP75075, Jun 7, 2020

2. login screens

automatic login? or am i missing something here...

randomperson21, Jun 7, 2020
  3. regan1985 Win User
    login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Jun 7, 2020
  4. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows login stopped taking automatic login - Similar Threads - login stopped taking

2. Windows 11 Automatic login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Automatic login: After upgrading to Windows 11, I am forced to select one of 2 users - both of them being myself-and then enter my PIN to login to the OS. Previously it used to login automatically...
  3. Windows 11 Automatic login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Automatic login: After upgrading to Windows 11, I am forced to select one of 2 users - both of them being myself-and then enter my PIN to login to the OS. Previously it used to login automatically...
  4. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically login to Hotmail: On a new laptop I inadvertently checked to "not" log me in automatically to my outlook.live.com . I use a password manager and it fills in everything but I have to click a couple of screens now. How can I get back to the screen where I can correctly check "yes" to log me in...
  5. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically login to Hotmail: On a new laptop I inadvertently checked to "not" log me in automatically to my outlook.live.com . I use a password manager and it fills in everything but I have to click a couple of screens now. How can I get back to the screen where I can correctly check "yes" to log me in...
  6. Automatically login to Hotmail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Do NOT Login Automatically.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do NOT Login Automatically.: I have TWO accounts, one WITH a password, and one WITHOUT a password. These show up in the bottom left of the sign-in screen when I Logout/Switch User etc. Is there a way to ALWAYS show the sign-in screen with the TWO accounts at Boot? Obviously WITH the passworded account...
  8. Trusted Automatic Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trusted Automatic Login: My phone has the ability to unlock without need of a passcode if it’s connected to trusted Bluetooth devices. Is there something similar with Windows 10? Either with Bluetooth devices or a network so that I don’t need a passcode in my home but if I take my PC (or indeed if it...
  9. Automatic Login Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatic Login Not Working: I just bought a laptop.' I went into Netplwiz ant unchecked the password requirement. But, the device doesn't log me in automatically. It starts to the login screen and shows my Microsoft account and Other user. It's trying to login with Other user but I find nowhere in...
  10. Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 stuck on login screen or takes long to login: Since the last windows 10 builds, my loggin screen would freeze where it shows the time, i can move my mouse around but cant click anything or use the keyboard, or when i log in it would go to a blackscreen but still see the mouse. It would be there for 10 minutes then load...