Windows 10: Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program.

Discus and support Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Indeed, these are 2 questions. Questions are as followed: 1. Windows 1703 ~ 1803 has slow startup and fail to load all programs registered in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Opium2000, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Opium2000 Win User

Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program.

Indeed, these are 2 questions. Questions are as followed:

1. Windows 1703 ~ 1803 has slow startup and fail to load all programs registered in startup registry, such as Skype, Dropbox and many others. Not all of them cannot load, but some of them. Windows will boot with waiting cursor and Taskbar was frozen which I could not do anything. I search this question on line and do DSIM etc. Nothing help!

I delete all my disk partition and perform a pure clean install. At first, it looks OK. After install my frequent programs, Office, Skype Desktop, Dropbox and some others from MS Store, then reboot, everything back again.

2. I was so fed up with above symptoms, and saw 809 was released. So I wipe all disk partitions and perform another clean install with 1809 and rest of other programs. It solve above problem and create new one. W10 1809 start to boot with blank screen. Do not ask me to do safe booth or something else! Because I've tried almost every method I could find on Google search page 1. Nothing help either!

I have 2 computers, 1 with Xeon E3, 32G DDR3, H97M MB and Nvidia GPU The other with i5-6200, 32G DDR4, H170 MB and Nvidia too. I've upgrade every drive to newest for both computer. Both have same problem. I have to Logout and Login 3 times to see it work properly.

When I search my problems, I found these 2 problems happen over and over in Win8 to Win 10 on every version. So why the hack you guys in MS could not fix these s.... for years? "Boot into Windows" isn't the first thing user experience in the first place? So why these problem still lying there for years???

I'm sorry! I'm mad. Very very mad. I do more than 10 times to do pure clean install on both computers and I'm fed up! That drive me very mad.

:)

Opium2000, Oct 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 - black screen with cursor after login

Hi WB,

I had a similar Black Screen problem I documented on this site and solved my problem.

The following may not help you but it fixed my problem.

MS responses in this forum are formulaic based upon keywords IMHO.

Try this:

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you get bored and decide to reboot. I've had the experience that after a MS software update that when the computer reboots, it sits there with a Black screen
      for a while. I've seen this a few times and if I walked away and come back 30-60 minutes later, it often is working.
    • Alternatively, (I've seen this several times), at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on. My display card ( an Nvidia variant I think ) sometimes has trouble upon boot. When I cycle the monitor off/on, the display
      comes up and works.
    • The following solution to a Black Screen problem was discovered after I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 8.1 (2 weeks later). MS had pushed some update which conflicted with a Startup program and then the startup list was aborted and the S/W was left in an
      unstable state. Try this:
      • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
        middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step. Otherwise, bail out. This solution will not work for you.
      • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe (if you remember that). Go to the Start Up tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup
        programs. Save and restart.
      • There is an element of educated guesswork here but for me this solved my problem and upon the next boot, I was able to see the desktop and navigate the menus.
      • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    I did not need to re-install Windows or re-install device drivers as seems to be the popular suggestions.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck.

SteveHirsch_Moorpark, Oct 7, 2018
  3. black screen at sign in

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the update.

• Login to Windows 10 and if you have a Black Screen, wait about 15 minutes (to be sure) before you decide to reboot. Sometimes it sits there with a Black screen for a while.
    • Alternatively, at the Black Screen: turn off your monitor and after a few seconds turn it back on.
    • After login and encountering Black Screen, try CTRL-ALT-DEL. This should bring up a menu (if windows is partially running and you don't have a display driver issue). If you get the menu, select Task Manager. This brought up a single white window in the
      middle of my black screen. Expand the window by dragging the corner and you should see the task list. If you do, proceed to the next step.
    • Task Manager has now integrated the capabilities of the old msconfg.exe. Go to the Startup tab and you should see a list of programs that will execute upon login. Most are enabled. Some may be disabled. Try disabling non-MS startup programs. Save and
      restart.
    • If this works, your next task is to go back to Task Manager, Startup, and re-enable the entries you disabled one by one and reboot until you discover the offending program.
    Hope this works.

Anusha Verma, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program.

Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program.

1. Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program. - Similar Threads - login black screen

2. My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login: So, yesterday I restarted my pc and all of the sudden I was welcomed by black screen with cursor before login I left it for 2 hours and it was still on a black screen with cursor loading cursorI left it for a day it didn't work. I went into safe mode and it did the same...
  3. My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login: So, yesterday I restarted my pc and all of the sudden I was welcomed by black screen with cursor before login I left it for 2 hours and it was still on a black screen with cursor loading cursorI left it for a day it didn't work. I went into safe mode and it did the same...
  4. My pc won't load on black screen with cursor before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  6. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  7. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Slow startup & login screen loading

Slow startup & login screen loading: Hi there, how do i fix slow startup and slow login screen loading? and it's also takes a long time to load everything after login. PC model: HP 250 G6 Notebook PC...
  9. Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program.

Windows login with black screen and won't load all startup program.: Indeed, these are 2 questions. Questions are as followed: 1. Windows 1703 ~ 1803 has slow startup and fail to load all programs registered in startup registry, such as Skype, Dropbox and many others. Not all of them cannot load, but some of them. Windows will boot with...
  10. Black login screen + fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black login screen + fast startup: After starting up my pc the first thing that I see is the image and date, so after pressing enter i should get the login screen but in my case i get a black screen and after 2-3 seconds back at the first screen. Pressing enter again get me the same resoults few times,...