Windows 10: Windows logo key getting pressed automatically

Discus and support Windows logo key getting pressed automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problem with my new laptop. The windows logo key appears to be stuck. I opened the on screen keyboard and the windows logo key key seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMWeingken, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Windows logo key getting pressed automatically

I am having problem with my new laptop. The windows logo key appears to be stuck. I opened the on screen keyboard and the windows logo key key seems to be getting pressed automatically. Can anyone help me with this problem?

:)

AMWeingken, Aug 15, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Aug 15, 2020
  3. ctrain Win User
    Zippy! Automatic Button Pressing program.

Are you only using the hook to catch the key to use for sending input?

I can think of a couple ways to grab input without the hook. Maybe you can run through the virtual key list with GetAsyncKeyState() and flag what's pressed. From there you can just build your list of keys to mash and fire them off with SendInput(). Some food for thought, probably get you out of AV flag territory.

ctrain, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Windows logo key getting pressed automatically

Windows logo key getting randomly activated.

I have an HP Pavilion laptop 15-cs3 with Windows 10. Since today morning, I have faced the problem that pressing keys on the keyboard would open shortcuts rather than typing. After a lot of analysis, I realized that the Windows logo key is getting randomly
    activated, and pressing it deactivates it for a while. Then, the moment you start using the keyboard, after a couple of presses it gets activated again. The Windows logo key is NOT stuck, I have ensured that. A few things I tried after reading up on the internet
    about this issue are:

• Uninstalled the keyboard driver from the Device Manager and rebooted my laptop
    • Disabled sticky keys
    • Ran a keyboard troubleshooter (no issues found)
    I am pretty clueless as to how to resolve this issue and it is causing me a lot of stress, as I use my laptop a lot.

PrastutiUpadhaya, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows logo key getting pressed automatically

1. Windows logo key getting pressed automatically - Similar Threads - logo key getting

2. Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots: My Sony vaio runs windows 10 on intel 3120m processor with 8 gb ram and a ssd.I replaced the hdd with an ssd thinking that it will resolve the issue but it does not. Even after clean installation of windows the issue has not got resolved. I do not know if this is a hardware...
  3. Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots: My Sony vaio runs windows 10 on intel 3120m processor with 8 gb ram and a ssd.I replaced the hdd with an ssd thinking that it will resolve the issue but it does not. Even after clean installation of windows the issue has not got resolved. I do not know if this is a hardware...
  4. Windows will not load automatically need to press a key after that vaio logo comes and boots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  6. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held: Hello have been going through every single thread about this without a solution. Basicly a couple times a day since three months back the ALT or CTRL key gets automatically pressed on my laptop, I can see when I click on on screen keyboard that both the CTRL keys are pressed...
  7. ALT and CTRL key gets automatically pressed held

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. laptop keys are pressed automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keys are pressed automatically: hi, i am using windows 10 version 2004 on hp laptop. recently i noticed that my ''END'' button is working itself. i tried uninstalling driver and restart but the problem didn't go away. plz someone help me fix this. thanks in advance...
  9. The home key presses automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The home key presses automatically: Recently my Dell Inspiron 3542 started to bug out. The home key would press automatically (not physically). It is making work a nightmare. submitted by /u/RhythmJuneja [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghg2ze/the_home_key_presses_automatically/
  10. Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically): Windows key is getting pressed automatically (not physically) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-is-getting-pressed-automatically-not/35ceec6c-17e3-476a-9fd3-2801d99e1ebd