Windows 10: Windows logo on task bar quit working

Discus and support Windows logo on task bar quit working in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I admit I've tried to avoid updates because they screw up my computer with ghost circles and the cursor gets stuck in the upper right hand corner and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MtnWoman54, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Windows logo on task bar quit working

I admit I've tried to avoid updates because they screw up my computer with ghost circles and the cursor gets stuck in the upper right hand corner and I have a terrible time trying to logon to revert to an earlier build. And because I revert to earlier builds I'm concerned regular updates will screw up because they'll be for something in newer builds.

This morning the windows logo on the task bar quit. I can't right click or left click. The windows key on my keyboard also stopped working.

I'd do a manual shutdown to see if it fixes it but I'm concerned something bad will happen - like I won't be able to get back on.

Thank you.

:)

MtnWoman54, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Start button, task bar menu and swipe does not work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: End Task the Windows Explorer.

• Open task manager (CRTL+SHIFT+ESC)

• Right-click on windows explorer

• End task (Note: don’t close Task manager)

• Click on File > Run new task

• Type explorer.exe and press enter

• Your search bar should be functional again.

Step 2: If Start button is not working then I suggest you to check for the latest updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 3: Some problems can be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. Press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and select
    Sign out. Once you’ve signed out, sign back in to your account.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows logo on task bar quit working

Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows logo on task bar quit working

1. Windows logo on task bar quit working - Similar Threads - logo task bar

2. task bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not working: Windows 11 operating system is in use yet the task bar shows everything in a cluttered manner Default functions start, search, task view and file explorer are not working task bar not working...
  3. Task bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar not working: Hi. New today Acer computer with windows 11 and 365 familyProblem is certain icons on the task bar have stopped working, search icon and start icon doesn’t open to show icons widgets also if I right click the start icon settings and power settings plus others do not open....
  4. Task bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar not working: Hi. New today Acer computer with windows 11 and 365 familyProblem is certain icons on the task bar have stopped working, search icon and start icon doesn’t open to show icons widgets also if I right click the start icon settings and power settings plus others do not open....
  5. Task Bar not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar not working: Hi, I bought a new laptop. Task bar was working for few days. Suddenly one day it stopped responding. Means, that i cannot able click the windows symbol, i cannot type anything in search box, cannot click on any opened app icon in taskbar, notification or even the...
  6. Task Bar not working

in Cortana
    Task Bar not working: Hi, I am having an issue with task bar, start menu and search option. Start menu, search options and few icon of task bar e.g. wifi, notifications, date and time etc are not working. Please help me out. Thanks in advance. With regards, Sourav...
  7. Task bar Not working

Task bar Not working: after most recent update my Task bar is not responding and Windows Push notification service is using most of my CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/29c5d27f-7b30-4adc-8374-6678cdcc425a
  8. Windows task bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows task bar not working: Windows task bar not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-task-bar-not-working/53037cb0-b222-46cd-87f4-2ed36fb682e2
  9. Windows 10 Task bar with only a centered Windows logo.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Task bar with only a centered Windows logo.: Hello, Sometimes - probably my me accidentally hitting a hotkey - the Windows 10 task bar disappears and a new bar shows up with only the Windows 10 logo on it.? [ATTACH] I have 3 monitors hookup to a NVidia card utilizing NVidia Surround.., maybe NVidia has something to...
  10. Task bar not working.

Task bar not working.: I’m having issues with windows taskbar on the lenovo legion y530. I can’t open applications or the start menu. Some applications come up as class not registered. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-working/d4d3815a-efa0-430f-b003-ab35db743231