Windows 10: Windows Logon GUI application

Discus and support Windows Logon GUI application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; as the title says, what does that program actually do? cause recently I noticed it was eating up my CPU usage. it's always turned all the way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jan CarloVillanueva, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows Logon GUI application

as the title says, what does that program actually do?

cause recently I noticed it was eating up my CPU usage. it's always turned all the way to 80-90%, which cause the full CPU usage to 100% cause there's other background apps running. but the thing is when I open task manager it suddenly kills the app, it just instantly drops down to 4-7% CPU usage and the Windows Logon GUI application disappears from the tasks. and when I forget to open task manager and just go on using the pc as I normally would, after a few hours windows will start to get laggy. games would start freezing and it's probably due to the high CPU usage getting eaten up by that app.

what is it doing in the background when the task manager is closed? why is it using so much of the CPU?

this only started when I upgraded my pc. I'm using an AMD Ryzen 5 3500X, 16GB of ram, and a 5700XT videocard.

can anyone shed a light on this app's highly unusual behavior? it's been happening for a few months now.

:)

Jan CarloVillanueva, Aug 10, 2020

2. Windows Logon GUI application causing high CPU usage!?

So the problem is as it says, when i start up my computer everything works smooth and fine, but then i hear the ventilators working as if the computer was using alot of CPU, with nothing actually running... then I open task manager and first thing that shows
    up is that "Logon GUI Application" is using about 70-80% of my CPU??? and after a second, It disappears and I hear my ventilator slowing down. This really makes 0 sense to me... Help!

Thanks in advance

HidekazuUeda, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Windows Logon GUI application

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Logon GUI application

1. Windows Logon GUI application - Similar Threads - Logon GUI application

2. WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS DEBLOATER GUI: I ran windows10deblaterGUI for some foolish reason. I have read That the "REVERT" feature dosnt do such, and am wondering how to restore my system back to normal...PLEASE HELP...
  3. GUI malfunctioning in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    GUI malfunctioning in Windows: I'm a Windows 10 user and a part-time gamer so as expected I adjust my volume a lot to the enviroment. All has been fine up to today when I couldn't change the volume of my speakers through GUI because the sliding the edge was impossible. Then I managed to do it by clicking...
  4. Windows Security center GUI application not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security center GUI application not opening: Hi,I am Pushkar I have been trying to open windows security or windows defender in notification area and on start menu but isn't get opened.When I click on the icon it opens and instantly closes without any reason.I have all the latest updates in windows 10.I have the 20H2...
  5. Is there a way to make the windows logon GUI application uses less CPU?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make the windows logon GUI application uses less CPU?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ju0tcb/is_there_a_way_to_make_the_windows_logon_gui/
  6. Intel RST Service - application/GUI problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel RST Service - application/GUI problem: Windows 10, 64-bit. The desktop taskbar icon says that the Intel RST service is not running and I can’t get the application (or at least the UI) to open. The thing is that the service IS running (as per Task Manger etc), consuming CPU merrily. I tested this by unplugging...
  7. What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe?: [ATTACH] What is this winlogon.exe? Where is it located? Is it a virus? Why does it consume high CPU on Windows 10 at times and what you do about this? Now if you open the Windows Task Manager, you may see [...] This post What is Windows Logon Application or winlogon.exe? is...
  8. Windows Logon GUI application causing high CPU usage!?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Logon GUI application causing high CPU usage!?: So the problem is as it says, when i start up my computer everything works smooth and fine, but then i hear the ventilators working as if the computer was using alot of CPU, with nothing actually running... then I open task manager and first thing that shows up is that "Logon...
  9. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  10. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows logon gui application