Windows 10: Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal

Discus and support Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; On my Laptop the Windows Logon Password has been changed over night automatically so that I cannot logon any more since this morning. The usual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RalfMiller, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal

On my Laptop the Windows Logon Password has been changed over night automatically so that I cannot logon any more since this morning.

The usual password reset-procedures did not resolve the issue. Before I execute the hard reset loosing all data as explained onReset your local Windows 10 account: I would like to know whether this can be resolved otherwise?

Additional background that might be relevant:

- the Laptop was bought in November 2019

- no set-up CD was delivered

- I created an MS Account ...@outlook.de to be able to complete the installation

- I purchased an Office 365 subscription on this account

- my wife exclusively used the laptop with another mail address

- last year I had NOT added her into my MS Account as a family member

- on Nov 22 2020, i.e. 4 days ago, the subscription was extended for another year

Since this morning my wife cannot logon to the Laptop anymore.

An hour ago I have added her as a family member into my account with the email address she usually uses also on that laptop.

My questions:

1. is it possible that this laptop has been detected by Microsoft as suspicious use of Office 365 and subsequently logon disabled?

2. if yes, how do I now unlock the laptop ?

3. if no, what else could be the reason and what can I do to logon or recover the data ?

Thanks for any help provided and best regards, Ralf.

:)

RalfMiller, Nov 26, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Nov 26, 2020
  3. JetPhi Win User
    Unable to Cancel Windows Phone ISV Annual Subscription

I am not given the option to cancel my Windows Phone ISV Annual Subscription. I followed the directions listed in the email, but I am only given the option to change payment. How do I cancel the subscription?

Please advise.

JetPhi, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Ah Sun Win User

Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal

Can't sync after renewing annual subscription to Norton 360

Configurations of my devices are:

PC - Outlook 2007, Windows Visat Home Premium, Windows Mobile Device Center, Norton 360

Cell phone - HP iPAQ 900

The PC and the cell phone sync very well in the past under Norton 360. However, once I have renewed the annual subscription to the Norton 360 a few days ago, the sync doesn't work anymore and there is no response at all when I connect the cell phone with
    PC.

Ah Sun, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal

1. Windows Logon Password on Laptop changed automatically after annual subscription renewal - Similar Threads - Logon Password Laptop

2. Windows defender subscription renewal scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender subscription renewal scam: I unfortunately called the number saying that my windows defender is being renewed and I will be charged for $399. I stupidly give access to my PC and bank account on my laptop. I turne it off when I realized it is a scams. Called my bank and blocked my account. How safe is...
  3. Windows Defender subscription renewal scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender subscription renewal scam: I stupidly called the number on the email stating that my Windows Defender subscription was renewed and $399.00 would be charged. And to add insult to injury, I followed their every request to open a website where they had control of my laptop and even had me login to my...
  4. OneDrive Subscription Renewal.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive Subscription Renewal.: Hello,I got just got an email that I think might be fake. It says that my OneDrive Subscription will expire in November. I did not click on any of the links. I did go into my account manually and found out that OneDrive is renewed. I am still going to post the email on here...
  5. Windows changes logon password to computer after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows changes logon password to computer after update: On one of my computers, the logon password does not work after the new update. It even gives the correct hint for the password. I have tried to restart in safe mode, but it still doesn't recognize the password. I have tried to uninstall the latest update and when it asks...
  6. SUBSCRIPTION ISSUES RENEWAL

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SUBSCRIPTION ISSUES RENEWAL: I purchased my laptop and Microsoft365 Home product last year. It expired in May. I renewed the subscription. I pay monthly. I can see in my credit card and account history that the May and June 2020 payments were indeed made; however, my services are "restricted". The...
  7. Error: there is a problem with your renewal fix it after renewing subscription

Error: there is a problem with your renewal fix it after renewing subscription: I renewed my subscription and received an e-mail confirmation yet I still get "there is a problem with your renewal fix it" Help me get rid of this John T ***Modified title from: subscription renewal ***...
  8. subscription renewal

subscription renewal: I renewed my subscription and received an e-mail confirmation yet I still get "there is a problem with your renewal fix it" Help me get rid of this John T https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/subscription-renewal/becacf93-4959-41a0-858c-844aef6e46d4"
  9. Microsoft subscription renewal?

Microsoft subscription renewal?: Does Microsoft call a person about subscription renewal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-subscription-renewal/2ccbe0af-5468-434f-a904-f425140136de"
  10. Subscription Renewals

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Subscription Renewals: This may be a stupid question...but when my Office 365 subscription renews every year, do I have to reinstall or are updates automatic? I would think it's automatic, but when I review my Microsoft account, there is an install button illuminated as if I need to install....