Windows 10: Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove...

Discus and support Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; HI, I hope someone can help me to finally get rid of the login form when I start Win10 on my PC. I am the sole user and have no security concerns. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AmberAde, May 10, 2019.

1. AmberAde Win User

Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove...

HI, I hope someone can help me to finally get rid of the login form when I start Win10 on my PC. I am the sole user and have no security concerns. I have gone though all the steps via the Netplwiz process. I have done the steps exactly as recommended by various web sources including you site here, but when I boot up my computer, it keeps coming back.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Please help Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove... :)

Thanks

Amb

:)

AmberAde, May 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 logon requires 2 separate logons

It would be quite a deliberate "accident" to set a BIOS password because you actually need to get into BIOS to set it! Removing it requires the same steps: Get into the BIOS, then clear the password.

If you do not remember the BIOS password then there are two options:

• If this is a desktop PC then you need to open the case and remove the shiny button cell battery from the motherboard for 10 minutes. This will clear the BIOS password.
    • If this is a laptop then you need to return it to the distributor.

Frederik Long, May 10, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    [SOLVED] Changing the wallpaper on the BOOT, LOCK, and LOGON screens

I did.

Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove... [​IMG]

Didn't make a difference!

Edwin, May 10, 2019
  4. Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove...

unable to remove windows logon password

unable to remove windows logon password

went to control panel user accounts and there is no longer a ' remove password ' option as with windows 7

i changed the settings to ' not require a password on logon' but made no difference at all

it now boots saying password wrong, until I enter a password then all ok...

MS suggest adding a new account and logging in with that without a password then deleting the old one.....

does not not work as the add account is greyed out.

cant see why this is so difficult..

as as a side issue since trying to remove the windows logon password I am now presented on boot up with an OS choice wi cows 10 or 7.... I am certain this wasn't there before..

any my help would be appreciated
    thanks

reddwarf4ever, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove...

1. Windows logon screen keeps coming back DESPITE that I made the required changes to remove... - Similar Threads - logon screen keeps

2. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  3. Device removal coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device removal coming back: I gave my microsoft account to my friend to play minecraft but when he was done i changed my password and removed his device, but they didnt log him out even tho i removed his device and changed passwords...
  4. Device removal coming back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device removal coming back: I gave my microsoft account to my friend to play minecraft but when he was done i changed my password and removed his device, but they didnt log him out even tho i removed his device and changed passwords...
  5. Device removal coming back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Quick links keep coming back after removing them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick links keep coming back after removing them: I'm using Micosoft 10 on Edge in my HP laptop. On the MSN home screen there are quick links listed at the top to websites. I want to remove them. When I click on the 3 dots next to each link, it shows rename or remove. I click remove and they disappear. After I close the...
  7. i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.: how do i remove it forever? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-removed-groove-because-it-sucks-and-it-keeps/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  8. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  9. Message on screen keeps coming back.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Message on screen keeps coming back.: Hi. New to the forum, bit not to tek toys. I have recently set my PC from 8.1 to the free 10 upgrade offer. Everything's fine, 'Except' down in the bottom right hand corner a message keeps coming up.... "Activate Windows. Go to settings to activate Windows." I have gone...
  10. Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup - removed folders to backup keep coming back: I'm setting up a file backup on Win 10 Pro. Under the backup settings there is the "Back up these folders" section. I have a total of five folders I want to backup so I keep removing all the folders that Windows adds by default and leave the five (which are included on the...