Windows 10: Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

Discus and support Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Wondering if anyone else has this issue and has resolved it. When I wake my computer up, instead of my normal background and password logon showing up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JacobYates4, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

Wondering if anyone else has this issue and has resolved it. When I wake my computer up, instead of my normal background and password logon showing up, this yellow screen shows up with no mouse control and gets stuck like this for a minute or longer. The odd thing is I can still enter my password (without seeing it on screen), wait a little bit then it logs me in. I hope I explained this well enough. Thanks for any assistance !

Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen [​IMG]

:)

JacobYates4, Nov 2, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen :)

terrace, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Setting Picture Screensaver for Multiple Screens

Hi Daryan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; are you using any third-party screensaver?

If yes I suggest you to change the screensaver to Windows default screensavers and check if it helps.

To set the Screensaver on the extended display, follow the below steps:

Step 1: Right-click on a blank area of your desktop and select “Personalize.”

Step 2: Click “Screen Saver” at the bottom-right corner of the window.

Step 3: Select the desired screen saver from the drop-down menu and indicate a “wait” time in minutes. The screensaver will come on automatically after the computer has been idle for that period of time.

Step 4: Check the “On resume, display logon screen” for added security, if desired. This feature requires you to enter your password when resuming your Windows session.

Step 5: Click “Apply” and then “OK.”

Step 6: Click on the “Display” link at the bottom left.

Step 7: Click “Adjust Resolution” on the left.

Step 8: Choose “Extend these displays” from the Multiple Displays drop-down menu if you’d like a single screensaver to travel across both displays. Click “Duplicate these displays” if you want a duplicated screen
    saver to display on each monitor.

Step 9: Click “OK.”

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 2, 2019
  4. rzn6jw Win User

Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game

Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, latest updates applied.

I know PC games disable the screensaver while playing and enable it when quitting but I'm playing one game (the ONLY game that does this) and whenever I quit the game, it enables the screensaver but not enable the 'On resume, display the logon screen' selection. De-selecting and re-selecting the option in the screensaver box does not re-enable the logon selection.

Does anyone know of a script or .bat file that I could run manually to reset the security logon selection?

Thanks.

rzn6jw, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen

1. Windows logon screensaver getting stuck on yellow screen - Similar Threads - logon screensaver getting

2. Windows 11 stuck on screensaver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 stuck on screensaver: Hello,Since a few months I have been having issues with my laptop. Often, when the laptop shuts to the screensaver it won't allow me to get to the screen to enter my password. This is fixed by using control+alt+delete and escape, then I have to restart Windows explorer,...
  3. Windows 11 stuck on screensaver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck on screensaver: Hello,Since a few months I have been having issues with my laptop. Often, when the laptop shuts to the screensaver it won't allow me to get to the screen to enter my password. This is fixed by using control+alt+delete and escape, then I have to restart Windows explorer,...
  4. Getting stuck on screensaver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting stuck on screensaver: Howdy, I tried restarting my pc today because I was having some audio troubles, started restarting it, screen went black so I held the power button to turn it back on, guess it wasnt off on the way cause that turned it off. Turned it back on and now I'm stuck on the...
  5. windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 1809 stuck at logon screen: Hello this issue has been asked many times with all kind of similar issues but none of them were properly resolved, I even spent once a whole day browsing through all of the threads i could find about it but couldn't find a fix. so what happening is that once every two...
  6. Stuck on Windows Logon Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on Windows Logon Screen: Issue: I have not been able to logon to my Asus ultrabook since early Jan 2019 - because I could not logon and kept searching for solutions but now have run out of options. Problem Description: It appears a windows update happened late 2018 or early Jan 2019, and when I...
  7. yellow screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    yellow screen: My display screen suddenly turned yellow this morning I have: 1. switched off night light 2. adjusted color balance in display controls https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/yellow-screen/4343a8bc-d07e-40c1-a0ba-6bee3f59e084
  8. Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game

in Windows 10 Support
    Logon screen (from setting in screensaver) not working after game: Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, latest updates applied. I know PC games disable the screensaver while playing and enable it when quitting but I'm playing one game (the ONLY game that does this) and whenever I quit the game, it enables the screensaver but not enable the 'On...
  9. Windows 10 is stuck on logon screen please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 is stuck on logon screen please help: Hello there My laptop has stopped working ! It is stuck on the login screen it's running on Windows 10 . I already removed the SSD and put it into an USB case and run a virus check ,but it's still got that message*Sad . Please check the pic here: [img] I tried...
  10. Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 getting stuck on Welcome screen during logon after a lock: I have a new computer that I just installed Windows 10 Pro on. (It's still not activated though.) It has all the latest updates. So once in awhile when I try to log in after the box was locked (WinKey+L sequence), it gets stuck on this screen (just took the picture):...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why is my login turned yellow