Windows 10: Windows Logon takes longer than usual

Discus and support Windows Logon takes longer than usual in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mklem, Sep 6, 2020.

1. mklem Win User

Windows Logon takes longer than usual

Hi All,

Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time.

I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter these 10 seconds are happening at the welcome screen I mentioned.

This is happening on a Windows 10 Pro 2004.

The ETL file can be found here

Thanks for any help,

:)

mklem, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2020
  4. wp51dos Win User

Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10.

Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it resumes from sleep, no go.

I have tried everything that I know including screensaver power options , and first checking the box require password, and then rebooting and then requiring password no And I went through the usual steps. I supply the correct username and password.

Still no go.

I have searched this formum, googled it, and check the few textbooks I have in this my friends. Still no go.

Suggestions please

wp51dos, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Logon takes longer than usual - Similar Threads - Logon takes longer

2. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  3. Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10

Restart takes longer than normal - Windows 10: i have a new hp laptop with windows10 built-in. less than a week the restart option takes a long time. over 3 minutes it goes over : 1. hp logo screen 2. wait screen 3 .windows welcome screen 4.It takes a while to display my name with Hello if i choose shut-down...
  4. Pc reset taking longer than expected

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pc reset taking longer than expected: Due to performance issues and a strange issue with my logins not saving correctly for multiple apps I have attempted to reset Windows. I began the reset about 5 hours ago selecting the option to remove all personal files and it is currently only on 19% Is this normal?...
  5. Check Disk is taking a lot longer than expected

Check Disk is taking a lot longer than expected: Okay well I am going to try to include as much infomation whilst still keeping this short. I am not too sure how to add, so I will just say everything. So about 2 years ago I was given a refurbished HP ProBook to use for school, and it was working for most of my needs. So...
  6. Ethernet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...
  7. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sounds are higher-pitched than usual: So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Troisdorfer...
  8. windows is taking long than usual to boot and taskbar icons are not completely loading...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows is taking long than usual to boot and taskbar icons are not completely loading...: windows is taking more time than usual to boot to windows.a black screen is appearing for 5 seconds.and after windows is loaded it takes some time to load taskbar icons completely and the system to respond.desktop icons are taking time to refresh.Is this normal or any...
  9. login "welcome" stays longer than usual on ssd after sept update

login "welcome" stays longer than usual on ssd after sept update: hey guys... i dont know if its the september update but i have a ssd and login used to be a flash like 2 secs..welcome wouldnt stay more than a second... now when i log in welcome is their for 3-4 seconds before the desktop loads....this never happened before... any ideas...
  10. Taking longer than usual but should be ready soon message

Taking longer than usual but should be ready soon message: Hi there Updating one PC to RTM - I've got the message !Taking longer than usual but it should be ready soon" Don't turn off PC. It's been in that state for around 35 mins with screen going from light to dark blue and back again and the HDD light solid on (SSD !!!)....