Windows 10: Windows Logon takes longer than usual

Discus and support Windows Logon takes longer than usual in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mklem, Sep 6, 2020.

1. mklem Win User

Windows Logon takes longer than usual

Hi All,

Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time.

I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter these 10 seconds are happening at the welcome screen I mentioned.

This is happening on a Windows 10 Pro 2004.

The ETL file can be found here

Thanks for any help,

:)

mklem, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Ruz San Win User

Family Member cannot logon to Windows 10

Hi Sultan,

There are different causes that may bring up this error on your computer. To guide you better in resolving the issue, please answer the following questions:

• Is the administrator account the one having the error?
    • Did this happen after installing updates?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

You may find other suggestions on this
    page
    to fix the problem with the user profile. Try following the steps given by
    Malkeleah.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Sep 6, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 6, 2020
  4. wp51dos Win User

Trying to auto logon to Windows 10

I have been able to do this successfully before. I am Trying to auto logon to Windows 10.

Logon itself seems to work okay when I reboot. When it resumes from sleep, no go.

I have tried everything that I know including screensaver power options , and first checking the box require password, and then rebooting and then requiring password no And I went through the usual steps. I supply the correct username and password.

Still no go.

I have searched this formum, googled it, and check the few textbooks I have in this my friends. Still no go.

Suggestions please

wp51dos, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Logon takes longer than usual - Similar Threads - Logon takes longer

2. Windows taking more space than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taking more space than usual: Dear all,I have Windows 10 on my laptop. I found in an answer in the Microsoft community that usually windows 10 takes up to 20 GB of space in the drives. But in my system, it is showing it takes 29GB. How I can get rid of this extra 9GB ?...
  3. Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual: Hi, I'm curious to ask anyone for a solution about windows 11 bootup time issues. Before all the things happened my pc was doing its job like usual until yesterday morning, my computer wouldn't show a picture until I restarted and forced shutdown a couple of times, the...
  4. Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows startup spinning section takes longer than usual: Hi, I'm curious to ask anyone for a solution about windows 11 bootup time issues. Before all the things happened my pc was doing its job like usual until yesterday morning, my computer wouldn't show a picture until I restarted and forced shutdown a couple of times, the...
  5. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  6. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup takes longer than usual after update: Hello,For the past month or so, my laptop has been taking much longer than usual to start up. When I turn it on, I see the Windows logo and then a grey screen for at least 5 minutes before I see the sign-in screen. This issue began after I installed a recent update. I tried...
  7. Startup takes longer than usual after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 isn't restarting and taking longer time than usual: I restarted my windows 10 because I was unable to click on the start menu and when I did it's taking way longer than usual and even the screen has turned light green. Is the problem related to update coz I have not updated my windows 10 or is it because of something else?...
  9. Windows Logon takes longer than usual

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Logon takes longer than usual: Hi All, Recently a pc of mine takes longer to boot than usual. The "Welcome" screen takes a long time. I've made a boot trace with WPR, and I found that "TermSrv" takes over 10 seconds, but I cannot seem to find the exact origin of this duration. I'm also not sure wheter...
  10. Taking longer than usual but should be ready soon message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking longer than usual but should be ready soon message: Hi there Updating one PC to RTM - I've got the message !Taking longer than usual but it should be ready soon" Don't turn off PC. It's been in that state for around 35 mins with screen going from light to dark blue and back again and the HDD light solid on (SSD !!!)....