Windows 10: Windows looks different after huge win10 update

Discus and support Windows looks different after huge win10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 suddenly restarted without asking for my permission today (i thought i had disabled that, it must have been re-enabled by a sneaky windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Question, May 26, 2021.

1. Question Win User

Windows looks different after huge win10 update

Win10 suddenly restarted without asking for my permission today (i thought i had disabled that, it must have been re-enabled by a sneaky windows update). it looked like a huge update, instead of simply restarting once, i got a screen saying that windows would restart multiple times and after logging in, i got a splash screen saying something like "Hi, we are preparing new updates for you, do not turn off your PC". After everything had finished, I noticed the following changes : -My desktop wallpaper had been changed -I was getting security center notifications that my firewall was turned off (i had it turned off previously, but had also turned off the notifications, so it seems like the notifications were reset) -Windows Shell told me it was setting up for my "new operating system" -My taskbar was now a permanent light blue colour instead of changing based on the colour of the application I have opened, which looks awful (see the first screenshot) Whats going on? The most annoying thing is how the task bar and background of applications look. Previously, with discord open, the taskbar would change colours to match discord, now it remains a permanent light blue and it looks awful.

:)

Question, May 26, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 26, 2021
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, May 26, 2021
  4. Windows looks different after huge win10 update

Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Windows looks different after huge win10 update

1. Windows looks different after huge win10 update - Similar Threads - looks different huge

2. huge MBPS difference windows/Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    huge MBPS difference windows/Linux: under windows 11 i only get around 20 MBPS on downloads i.e. steam app, but under Linux via the steam app it average 180 MBPS that's a huge difference. what is slowing my internet down under windows? also the fans run much more and faster under windows.. this happens even...
  3. huge MBPS difference windows/Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    huge MBPS difference windows/Linux: under windows 11 i only get around 20 MBPS on downloads i.e. steam app, but under Linux via the steam app it average 180 MBPS that's a huge difference. what is slowing my internet down under windows? also the fans run much more and faster under windows.. this happens even...
  4. Applications look different after factory resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications look different after factory resetting Windows: So I had factory reset my Windows 10 and it caused applications to render differently than before and it's bothering meMore zoomed in for example, sometimes quality is off etc.Is there a way to make it like it was before...
  5. Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 Taskbar Theme looks hideous after update?: Hey gang - sorry if this has been posted before I had a quick search and couldn't find anything. Have just done a Win10 update I'd been putting off for a while and now the bottom taskbar looks obnoxious. Rather than the nice transparent theme its kind of just glowing...
  6. Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation: I installed win10 on a fresh SSD using the same USB and the calculator looks different. The one I had looked like this : [ATTACH] Is there any way to get my calculator to look like that again? The win version i have now is 1809 build 17763.1098. 153050
  7. Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 calculator looks different after fresh installation: I installed win10 on a fresh SSD using the same USB and the calculator looks different. The one I had looked like this : [ATTACH] Is there any way to get my calculator to look like that again? The win version i have now is 1809 build 17763.1098. 153050
  8. Windows looks huge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows looks huge: All of a sudden today when I went to get on my computer, everything is huge. I haven't changed anything, the resolution is at recommended. I have gone through two chats and nothing they have me try works. Anyone know what the problem could be?...
  9. after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after win10 anniversary update games look frozen but they are not: Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the...
  10. Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different start menu looks after Anniversary Update...: This is my start menu (with the icons only along the left): [img] This is my wife's laptop (with the "Most used" section AND the names beside the icons): [img] I would like my laptop's start menu to look like my wife's...with the "Most used" section, etc. How is...