Windows 10: Windows loopoing with circle going around

Discus and support Windows loopoing with circle going around in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know lots of people have had similar problems some successfully fixed others possibly not anyway here is my scenario. Just come into possession of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bogart99, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Bogart99 Win User

Windows loopoing with circle going around

I know lots of people have had similar problems some successfully fixed others possibly not anyway here is my scenario. Just come into possession of an Asus desktop AMD cpu 8GB DDR3 and 3TB hdd. Been told was reset before being handed to me. Anyway on booting all I get is the dotty circle going around with the message wait a moment. Well I have waited more than a moment in fact over an hour and it does not change. Managed to get into safe mode but can only find reference to one program which is the realtek audio one see,
    ms to be devoid of everything else. Eventually got it to try and repair itself with usual messages ie loading files this percent that percent all seemed well until I restarted as commanded and yes circle again. Have tried a reset again that failed after about 5%. Trying to delve into it more it asks for the administrators password been told never was one.
    Read that if one gets to the command prompt to type

net user administrator /active: yes This I succeded in doing and it was happy with that command.

Not that it has got me anywhere as is still asking for a password.
    Spent hours on this. Even tried to do an install of windows 7 from DVD and that just looped with the logo on the screen. Grasping at straws I have unplugged and replugged everything with no joy. What confuses me is the failure of both win 7 and 10.
    Any ideas? Thanks

:)

Bogart99, Jul 7, 2017
  2. Carolyn+ Win User

Laptop installed with Windows 10 won't shutdown

Original title: Windows 10

My laptop will not power down. The circle goes around and laptop message says powering down but it won't. The circle just keeps going around and never powers down.

Carolyn+, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Want to Install Windows 10, but going around in circles

Hello all, I am hoping you can help.

I have a HP Pavillion G-6-2399a Notebook that is running on 8.1, but as yet, I've not had the Windows 10 upgrade app.

Having checked on the website, it asked me to check everything was up to-date. Initially, I followed the manual instructions using the command prompt in Admin mode to confirm whether or not I had the relevant upgrades. The Command Prompt said that I did.
    However, the automatic Get Windows 10 upgrade app says that my version of windows is out of date. I've checked my updates, but it says there is nothing outstanding, and as I say my command prompts says I have everything required.

What is going on and how can I fix it? I've attached a screen shot of what the trouble shooter app has told me.

Windows loopoing with circle going around [​IMG]

MichelleForsythWD, Jul 7, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Are your files backed up?
    Had you made an image of the drive?
    Do you want a clean install of either Windows 7 or windows 10?
    Is the operating system a genuine copy of windows?
    Does the computer have any history of hardware or software problems?

Power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 or F10 key. Open the bios UEFI diagnostics.
    Many HP computers come with UEFI diagnostics from the factory. They are available on line for free. Or they can be downloaded when you log on to HP, enter your product or serial number, enter operating system, and view available drivers and applications.
    So the studies that you can perform now depend on which version of the UEFI is on the computer.
    If you can run the UEFI diagnostics in extensive or loop until failure mode you can check the hardware, especially the drive.
    Do you know if it is a HD or SSD or the manufacturer?
    Which operating system is on the computer now? 7 or 10?
    You have HP recovery media? One DVD for the OS and one DVD for applications and drivers?
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    If you can boot the computer to the desktop the open file explorer and insert the windows 10 iso into any flash drive.
    In file explorer click on this PC, then find the USB drive and click on it.
    Look for setup or setup.exe
    Click on it and view the left lower corner where it displays repair.
    Click on repair to perform an in place upgrade repair. This should save your files and applications.

If you cannot boot to the desktop or open file explorer then insert the bootable windows 10 iso into any USB port.
    Power on and repetitively click the F9 key so that it displays boot options.
    Select the external disk drive.
    It will take 5 to 10 minutes for windows to load while you see the windows icon.
    Choose language, time, currency, and keyboard.
    Do not click install as this will lead you to a clean install. Unless this is what you want.
    If you want clean install then delete partitions, format the drive, make it an unallocated drive, then install windows 10.
    For the repairs view the left lower corner and click on repair.
    Then navigate the windows recovery or advanced troubleshooting menu and start with restore. See if there are any valid restore points that predate the computer problems. If not or if restore fails move to startup repair. If startup repair fails move to command prompt. If you are at this point let us know in the thread.

zbook, Jul 7, 2017
  5. Bogart99 Win User
    My what an exhaustive answer how very kind. Will try your suggestions later today. As regards some of the questions you have asked no there are no backups the previous owner did not believe in that! It is a genuine copy of windows10 home came installed with the desktop. Supposedly doing a reset which was done before handing over to me put the machine back into the state it was on the date delivered but patently not in this case. Iwill be happy to run windows 7 on it if needed using my windows7 cds to get it on there.
    Regards

Bogart99, Jul 7, 2017
  6. Bogart99 Win User
    You have HP recovery media? One DVD for the OS and one DVD for applications and drivers?
    Create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    If you can boot the computer to the desktop the open file explorer and insert the windows 10 iso into any flash drive.
    In file explorer click on this PC, then find the USB drive and click on it.

Bit confused as not HP but ASUS desktop. PLus cannot do any of suggestions as cannot get into system.

Bogart99, Jul 8, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    On this web page if you view your entries there is a section "my computer".
    In this section you have entered HP laptop win 10.
    Please update this information with as much detail as possible about the computer that you are troubleshooting.
    All of the information in post #2 was based on the information that you had under "my computer".
    For recovery media you have windows 7 and that is an option in case you prefer that operating system.
    Having upgraded to windows 10 during the free period you should be able to perform a clean install using the bootable windows 10 iso. As any upgrade during the free period created a digital license.
    Which do you prefer widows 7 or windows 10?
    Both will be clean installs as you do not have any important files.
    The clean installs remove corrupted operating systems/registry, files, and applications.
    Starting with a clean install will save you a lot of time troubleshooting.
    Each computer manufacturer has a F key to boot to the bios.
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    For Asus it is the F8 key.
    Have you created the windows 10 iso?

zbook, Jul 8, 2017
  8. Windows loopoing with circle going around

Then why in your system specs does it say Hp Pavilion?

Windows loopoing with circle going around [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Jul 8, 2017
  9. Bogart99 Win User
    Sorry if I confused people but I did state the computer I was having the problem was an ASUS desktop. Anyway problem solved. Borrowed a recovery disk and made up an administrator password though no idea why I had to as one was not set originally.

Bogart99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows loopoing with circle going around - Similar Threads - loopoing circle going

2. Scam going around again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam going around again: I didn't know Microsoft had an apt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-going-around-again/3a3b4001-a872-437a-8669-9573f91171db
  3. curser glitching with white circle around it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    curser glitching with white circle around it: This has been going on for a few days and i have no idea what’s happening. the basic issue is that my curser will glitch around and then go to the bottom of my screen, flashing into a strange dimond shape with a while circle around it. : It started happening when i cracked my...
  4. curser glitching with white circle around it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    curser glitching with white circle around it: This has been going on for a few days and i have no idea what’s happening. the basic issue is that my curser will glitch around and then go to the bottom of my screen, flashing into a strange dimond shape with a while circle around it. : It started happening when i cracked my...
  5. Blue Circle Around Mouse Cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Circle Around Mouse Cursor: Im newish to PC, and Ive just started noticing everytime I start up my pc and my apps startup, theres a blue circle around my cursor, and then also when I open my browser, it also starts again for about a minute, then finally ends. Is this normal, if not how do I fix it...
  6. Family Group - Help Going Around in Circles

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Group - Help Going Around in Circles: I am trying to set up family group 1. If I log into my MS account it says I dont have one and to create one 2. However if I add my daughters email and try to get her to accept, it says she already is assigned to one 3. If I then log into her account it says she is a...
  7. My cursor keeps jumping around and it's a circle.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My cursor keeps jumping around and it's a circle.: I reported this before but I lost the way to shut down this action. It was working find, then all of a sudden it started up again. It's been at least six months since it acted this way. It moves from an arrow to a circle and I can't control it....
  8. spinning blue circle around mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    spinning blue circle around mouse cursor: How do i make this thing stop? Every 3-5 minutes or so i get the spinning blue circle and i have no idea what's causing it. submitted by /u/livinforkicks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efdbbv/spinning_blue_circle_around_mouse_cursor/
  9. constant circle around mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    constant circle around mouse pointer: I've tried different mice, changing the mouse settings, uninstalling & reinstalling graphics & tried different settings to no avail. Even when the pointer disappears while watching video, the circle remains. Annoying. (if you've got a solution...I'll email you with a beer as...
  10. Windows going in a circle of gray screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows going in a circle of gray screen: I decided to get off of Windows insiders so I got a Windows 10 iso file and burnt it to a disk. I tried to install Windows 10 with clean install and it came up with a blue screen. I then could not boot into the insider preview and it just came up with a gray screen then my...