Windows 10: Windows Loses PIN - 2019

Discus and support Windows Loses PIN - 2019 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I haven't tracked it but am suspicious that the timing is after an update, I have to recreate my PIN again. I can use it for weeks with no issue, then... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Carrie G., Oct 21, 2019.

1. Carrie G. Win User

Windows Loses PIN - 2019

I haven't tracked it but am suspicious that the timing is after an update, I have to recreate my PIN again. I can use it for weeks with no issue, then all of a sudden I can only log in with my password and have to recreate the PIN function. From reading prior posts, it looks like this has been a problem for 4 or 5 years. I couldn't find anything recent, so has anyone found a solution that will stop Windows from losing my PIN periodically?

:)

Carrie G., Oct 21, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2019
  3. JayPhi Win User
    Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Windows Loses PIN - 2019

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Loses PIN - 2019

1. Windows Loses PIN - 2019 - Similar Threads - Loses PIN 2019

2. How to pin files to menu in Word 2019

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to pin files to menu in Word 2019: I'm trying to pin files to the ribbon or equivalent in Word 2019 & can't figure it out. I use Word 2007 regularly & it has this feature. Does anyone know how to do this in Word 2019? Thanks in advance...
  3. How to pin files to menu in Word 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pin files to menu in Word 2019: I'm trying to pin files to the ribbon or equivalent in Word 2019 & can't figure it out. I use Word 2007 regularly & it has this feature. Does anyone know how to do this in Word 2019? Thanks in advance...
  4. How to pin files to menu in Word 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello keeps losing PIN, fingerprint and Facial recognition options for signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello keeps losing PIN, fingerprint and Facial recognition options for signing in: Hi,I have set these up at least 4 times, and they keep disappearing after a random period of time hours or weeks.Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?Thanks....
  6. Windows Hello keeps losing PIN, fingerprint and Facial recognition options for signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello keeps losing PIN, fingerprint and Facial recognition options for signing in: Hi,I have set these up at least 4 times, and they keep disappearing after a random period of time hours or weeks.Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?Thanks....
  7. Why does Outlook 2019 want a pin number ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does Outlook 2019 want a pin number ...: when I don't use one. Purchased Outlook 2019 and it worked okay for a couple of days. The one day it starts up with a message to enter a pin number. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? All emails still work except the main account where Outlook wants a pin. Geez! Then...
  8. Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows keeps losing my PIN - & doesn't let me reset it at log in: 1) Windows can no longer find my PIN 2) Windows then allows me to click that I want to reset, so it asks me my password - & then logs me in, without going through the PIN setup. I have to go to the Start menu & launch an app. 3) If I take too long when I finally get to...
  9. forgot password but remember the PIN windows 10 may 2019 updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    forgot password but remember the PIN windows 10 may 2019 updated: hello guy, I recently updated my laptop and realized that i don't remember my password since i am using PIN to login for quiet some time, so still I can login and use my Laptop without any issue. Is there any way i can recover my password. I am using local account, Microsoft...
  10. Latest Windows 10 update loses my PIN number!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Latest Windows 10 update loses my PIN number!: I have Windows 10 installed and have just received an update. Now it will not allow me to access Windows 10 using my PIN number. I can access by using my password but when I try to reset the PIN number it will not allow me to do so as it will then not accept the password...