Windows 10: Windows losing time during sleep

Discus and support Windows losing time during sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm at a loss with this one. Dell XPS 13 9350. Windows is up to date. Firmware is latest available (problem existed with earlier firmware as well).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maccentric, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Windows losing time during sleep

I'm at a loss with this one. Dell XPS 13 9350. Windows is up to date. Firmware is latest available (problem existed with earlier firmware as well). Tested BIOS battery good.
    The issue is that when the laptop sleeps, time just stops. When it is awakened, the time is exactly where it was when the machine was put to sleep. Going to Date and Time and clicking on sync will update to the correct time.
    Things I've tried:
    SFC scan (no issues)
    Rolling back Windows
    Resetting Windows

I'm thinking it's some issue with the hardware/firmware but wondering if anyone has suggestions, thanks!

:)

maccentric, Sep 24, 2020

2. Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 24, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Sep 24, 2020
  4. qubit Win User

Windows losing time during sleep

Win7 retains clock from sleep time

Oh damn, I meant to suggest the following: correct the clock, shut it down (not sleep mode) for an hour or two, then turn it on and go straight into the BIOS, no Windows. Is the time correct?

From what you've said in your last post, this sounds like a Windows problem, so I'll expect the BIOS time to be correct. This is good, as it's a mere software problem rather than a hardware one. We'll take it from there.

Good luck and Merry Christmas! *Toast :toast:

qubit, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Windows losing time during sleep

1. Windows losing time during sleep - Similar Threads - losing during sleep

2. Windows keeps losing time during use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps losing time during use.: I have tried the actions on articleWindows 10 keeps losing time - Microsoft CommunitySo i keep losing time during use, i have installed a new cr2032 battery but it still keeps losing time. I have set the windows time service to run automatically, also when i try to sync the...
  3. Windows keeps losing time during use.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps losing time during use.: I have tried the actions on articleWindows 10 keeps losing time - Microsoft CommunitySo i keep losing time during use, i have installed a new cr2032 battery but it still keeps losing time. I have set the windows time service to run automatically, also when i try to sync the...
  4. Sleep time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sleep time: My screen shuts down after one minute. I've tried all the ways to change it, but nothing happens. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-time/a1814bcc-f6c4-4b11-ad78-6aef36686202
  5. Prevent Sleep Mode during day time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Prevent Sleep Mode during day time: Hi there, I would like to know if there is any option how to prevent sleep mode during day time, something like active hours for updates. For example I want my PC to go to sleep after 11PM if it is idle for specific time, but not after 8AM, not activate it until it is 11PM...
  6. Windows reboots during sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows reboots during sleep: Hi there, I have been having issues for quite some time where Windows will crash and reboot when I leave the PC to sleep, and then come back ~6-8 hours later. Steps to Reproduce 1. Use the PC as usual 2. Lock the computer (eg with WIN + L) 3. Return ~8 hours later and...
  7. Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Daylight Time saving update during sleep mode: My UK-based Community Hall recently installed a door entry system which uses software stored on an on-site Windows 10 laptop. The laptop is normally left in sleep mode, but actively registers all door use while in that mode. It is only switched on when entry fobs need...
  8. Windows 10 keeps losing time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps losing time: Every day, Windows 10 keeps falling behind a few seconds every day. It starts of at like 0.5 seconds and as the week goes own, falls as far behind as 7 seconds. I have scanned with Malwarebytes and Windows Defender multiple times and nothing was found, my pc is set to sync...
  9. Lose connection when sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lose connection when sleep: Hey, same problem here, but with lan connection. Allow to Sleep in device manager is Unticked. What else I can do? What about those settings? [img] I've checked powercfg and Intel Ethernet Device is there wake programmable. Hope this info help to you..I'm not...
  10. Windows time clock running slow, losing time.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows time clock running slow, losing time.: Hi, I just noticed the clock on my Windows 10 tablet is running noticeably slow. Over the last few days I've seen wrong times and done a manual sync to the time server, which sets it right again. Now, if I bring up the calendar display, it's clear that the seconds are...