Windows 10: Windows lost NVME Drive

Discus and support Windows lost NVME Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows was showing the drive. It was in use, then I shut the machine down for the day. Started machine up, drive did not show in Windows. Rebooted,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stinger_965, May 9, 2021.

1. Windows lost NVME Drive

Windows was showing the drive. It was in use, then I shut the machine down for the day. Started machine up, drive did not show in Windows. Rebooted, checked and drive shows in UEFI, but not in windows.

:)

Stinger_965, May 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, May 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, May 9, 2021
  4. GSG-9 Win User

Windows lost NVME Drive

Lost the Seagate...

The drive seems to be completely dead, my computer will not boot if I have it connected...to the windows cd or the new installation on the F1 drive (which is the boot drive now by the way)

Thanks for the above article, im booting into Vista: U 64 right now, I cant follow those steps if the drive is in, it will lock up before it gets that far or if its not a cold boot the drive does not appear on the list.

GSG-9, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows lost NVME Drive

1. Windows lost NVME Drive - Similar Threads - lost NVME Drive

2. Windows Explorer crash on NVMe drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer crash on NVMe drive.: I've run across a strange problem. I just purchased an WD Black SN770 1tb NVMe drive and copied a couple large folders from my SSD to it. The folders in question have between a couple hundred to few thousand images in them created using stable diffusion AI. The png format...
  3. Windows Explorer crash on NVMe drive.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crash on NVMe drive.: I've run across a strange problem. I just purchased an WD Black SN770 1tb NVMe drive and copied a couple large folders from my SSD to it. The folders in question have between a couple hundred to few thousand images in them created using stable diffusion AI. The png format...
  4. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  5. Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trouble installing Windows to NVMe-drive: I am trying to install Windows from scratch using a bootable USB to a completely new M2-disk. Everything works as it is supposed to until the part in the installation where it restarts the computer to continue. After restarting it just boots the USB-drive again. I can still...
  6. Nvme Drive Disappeared Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvme Drive Disappeared Windows Update: Last night, I selected update and shutdown for the windows update in queue. This morning computer won't boot. Boot drive isn't being shown in BIOS. Nothing was changed in bios. Literally, update shutdown, turn off monitors, and went to bed. What to do? Windows 10 proRyzen...
  7. Nvme Drive Disappeared Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nvme Drive Disappeared Windows Update: Last night, I selected update and shutdown for the windows update in queue. This morning computer won't boot. Boot drive isn't being shown in BIOS. Nothing was changed in bios. Literally, update shutdown, turn off monitors, and went to bed. What to do? Windows 10 proRyzen...
  8. Nvme drive disappered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nvme drive disappered: Hi everyone thanks for reading my endeavors. So a few days ago I was overclocking my ram and had a crash on start up and got error code0xc000000f. I did some research and just decided to reinstall windows using an ISO. Ever since I reinstalled windows my NVMe drive...
  9. Transfer to NVME drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer to NVME drive?: I just got a new Western Digital NVME drive. Never had one before. Figure it good time to get one since new consoles have them. It's the SN750 which is a pretty good one. Currently have a normal Samsung 850 Evo SATA SSD and a HDD. OS and games are on the SSD. Random shit on...
  10. Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Is there an Issue with NVMe drives ?: Hi I ran a hyper-v vm this morning and I tried to add a physical drive which I do regularly as I need to access the data on it. Up until today, that data has always been on an SSD but I recently moved all that data onto a new NVMe drive. The first time I tried, I added it...