Windows 10: Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

Discus and support Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jagriti Arora, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability of the system.What should be our next steps to rectify this?Without actually re-imaging these machines how we can get rid of the above stated issue.Looking for some help.Thanks

:)

Jagriti Arora, Feb 28, 2024

2. Surface Pro 3 - Erratic cursor and window behaviour

I experience intermittent erratic cursor behaviour on my Surface Pro 3. Any open windows also reduce in size and expand again. I keep the computer updated and have switched locations to avoid any external interference.

I've read various reports on Touchscreen drives and updates etc but nothing seems to cure this erratic behaviour. Any suggestions?

Joe McDonnell (joe), Feb 28, 2024
  3. scopio Win User
    Erratic behaviour of the mouse

PC Specs; Motherboard; Asus ROG Strix X470 Gaming CPU; AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Memory; 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB PRO Black, PC4-25600 (3200) GPU; PowerColor Red Devil Radeon™ RX 590 8GB GDDR5 My daughter’s gaming pc mouse has all of a sudden become erratic. The mouse moves by itself and she cannot click on anything and has to power off the pc by switching it of at the case power button. The input devices she has are Havit Magic Eagle wired mouse and Xbox Wireless Controller to play pc games NOT on Xbox. Can the erratic behaviour of the mouse be a conflict between the mouse and the Xbox wireless controller? https://youtube.com/shorts/5oGfVGuY4hU

scopio, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

1. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :... - Similar Threads - machine experiencing sudden

2. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  3. Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows machine experiencing sudden shutdowns/black screens and erratic behaviour :...: 0x800f0805 Windows update errorAfter we collected the logs from the Windows machines, like UC Engine/NUCs, we discovered the same error on seven different sites, which is causing weird behavior on these machines and causing user inconvenience,and questioning the reliability...
  4. Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Posted on Microsoft Community, but all I got was "update your system", "run the troubleshooter", and "run sfc". Here's my problem: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it...
  5. Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour

in Cortana
    Windows Search Best Match Erratic Behaviour: Windows Search behaves differently every time I use it and it drives me insane. I open my applications via Windows Search, and sometimes it gets the job done and sometimes it does not. One example of problem: https://streamable.com/c5tlkq I turn on my laptop, press Win,...
  6. Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping and Hibernating with Issues and Erratic Behaviour: All or any of the following situations can happened when I try to put my computer either in sleep or hibernate mode. The computer seldom enters and stays in sleeping or hibernate mode until I awake it; The computer enters in sleeping or hibernate, stays for from a few...
  7. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour: I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro. It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc. I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it...
  8. Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight - Erratic Behaviour: Rather than add to the very long discussion threads on the subject of Windows Spotlight, I'm starting another to ask others whether they are experiencing Spotlight behaving erratically of late. Following problems some time ago with Spotlight not downloading and showing new...
  9. Delete key erratic behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete key erratic behaviour: I am embarrassed to bring this up because win 10 is such an incredible and smooth experience with all the cortona stuff and your applications getting blocked by windows for your protection. I was on a night shift all alone and i was sort of half conscious installing my apps...
  10. Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...

in Windows 10 Support
    Erratic standby behaviour in spite of settings...: I have set my computer to go into standby after 30 minutes of inactivity (battery) or 45 minutes (power), but it is going into standby after 2 or 3 minutes. The screensaver is set to start after 30 minutes. I think I've double-checked every possibile option. I recently had...