Windows 10: Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.

Discus and support Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I first installed windows I made a single user and I didnt want to log in with password home computer. Out of thin air, suddenly one day Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndreasDahl1, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.

When I first installed windows I made a single user and I didnt want to log in with password home computer.

Out of thin air, suddenly one day Windows made a copy of my user and asks me to log in with this user very time I start the computer. Asks for a password which I dont have. So every time I boot up I have to select my original user and then type in my windows live password.

I have no idea where this user came from, and I cant even find it in the user configuration options in windows settings. I just have the one original user. If I log out from my user, instead of powering down, the 'fake' user doesnt show up there.

Anyone know what the problem could be? It is preventing me from powering up without login, which is a problem since I have multiple monitors connected to the same computer in different rooms. If I want to use the computer in one room I first have to log-in in the other room :

Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password. [​IMG]

:)

AndreasDahl1, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows 10 Log me in remote user

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Are you facing issues while trying to login to your user account or while trying to login to your remote logmein user?
    • What is the exact error message you get when you try to enter the password?
    If you are facing issues while trying to log in your user account, I suggest you to check the keyboard language layout.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 1, 2020
  3. I know the password, but refuse to log me in.

Hi Suzette,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

If the issue persists, Start Windows automatically by following below steps.

• Press Windows key + r to enter run command window.
    • netplwiz and Press the ENTER key.(This command will load the
      Advanced User Accounts Control Panel applet)
    • In the Users tab,
      uncheck
      the box next to Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
    • Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the
      User Accounts window.
    • When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears, enter the
      user name you wish to automatically login to Windows. Then enter your
      account password in the two fields where it's asked and click the
      OK button.
    • Click OK on the User Accounts
      Window to complete the process.
    From now on, when your PC starts up, Windows will log on automatically.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.

New User - Not Me ?

Strange!

When you create a user account in Windows as a Microsoft account, the name shown will be the one user has given when the Microsoft email address was created, or the one user has changed it to later on. To change the name user has to sign in to https://account.live.com:

Can't think anything else than that an unauthorized person has had access to your account and changed the display name. First thing I would do is to change the password of that Microsoft account, and set up two-step verification (tutorial).

Kari, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password.

1. Windows made me a new user and forces me to log in with password. - Similar Threads - made user forces

2. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  3. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  4. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  5. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  6. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My password is not logging me in...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My password is not logging me in...: After latest update I can't login to my computer. It says my password is incorrect... But it's not... I use my password often so I won't get it wrong. And when I say I forgot my password no prompts happen for me to reset it. Please help me as I can't login and it's a but of...
  8. New password letting me log into safe mode !

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New password letting me log into safe mode !: Ok so basically i was trying to follow this tutorial online because my system kept trying to update but it always ended undoing the changes. That has led me to go into safe mode to try to find a solution to my main problem. But then, it didnt accept my pin in safe mode (i...
  9. Logs in for split second, welcomes me then force signs me out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logs in for split second, welcomes me then force signs me out: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro pcs on a network and 1 pc only will not allow me to login using my active directory login. I input my user and pass on this 1 win 10 pc, it appears to accept it and then immediately signs me out. I deleted the user folder in the C: thinking the...
  10. New User - Not Me ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User - Not Me ?: During the course of fixing a Start Menu issue where I had lost my App Icons and had no functionality of the Start Menu, resolved by running the Repair Windows Image, I had created a new User Account. I created this new user (Admin) to try and resolve the issue, but, when...