Windows 10: Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

Discus and support Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mark K~, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Mark K~ Win User

Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the primary screen - it flickers / black repeatedly. Very hard on the eyes/head.- Have found if you change the screen primary that the issue follows. - This is NOT a driver issue.- If you enabled Invert colors - issue goes away However you are stuck with looking and bright colors that is not the desired state. Requesting

:)

Mark K~, Oct 18, 2021

2. magnifier on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.

Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 18, 2021
  3. manage magnifier shortcut

Hey RXaverius,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to turn off the magnifier and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “ease of access”.
    • Then under the “magnifier” option “turn off” it.
    Or also you can press the keys “Windows+Esc” and the magnifier will be closed.

For more information regarding magnifier refer to the below article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/use-magnifier-see-items

Note: Also applies to Windows 10.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Ernie San Win User

Windows 10 update broke MS magnifier

Hello,

To fix the issue with Magnifier, we suggest to turn it off and turn on your Magnifier. Here are the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Click Settings.
    • Select and click, Ease of Access.
    • Select and click, Magnifier.
    • Under Magnifier in the right pane, click off/on.

You may also try to Run Magnifier as administrator. If you don't know how, follow the steps below:

• Press Start key.
    • Type Magnifier.
    • Right-click Run as administrator.
    • If there's a pop-up about User Account Control, you have to type your
      Username and Password to continue.
    • Click Yes.

Let us know what happened.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2 - Similar Threads - Magnifier BUG 20h2

2. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  3. Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a bug with Windows 10 Magnifier?: Greetings Microsoft Assistants.I hope everyone on staff is well today.I am looking for a solution to the problem of Magnifier showing a black screen when turned on.Applying the suggested solution in this old post did not solve the problem for me. The assistant said there were...
  4. Microsoft Magnifier bugs with dual monitor setup

Microsoft Magnifier bugs with dual monitor setup: When I have Windows magnifier open, I'm experiencing this annoying issue.Whenever I move my mouse pointer, both screens refresh fine.When my text cursor is on the left screen of my dual monitor setup, I can start typing, but the left screen isn't refreshing typed text is not...
  5. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  6. Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2: Last night Windows auto installed the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 20H2. In looking at the new features, I opened Magnifier and all but one of the icons for the buttons, the right-pointing play triangle, are square rectangles instead of the icons that should be...
  7. Windows magnifier smoothing bug - 20H2 (used to work some number of updates ago)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows magnifier smoothing bug - 20H2 (used to work some number of updates ago): submitted by /u/Captain_Crowbar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md876n/windows_magnifier_smoothing_bug_20h2_used_to_work/
  8. Weird bug after windows update to version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird bug after windows update to version 20H2: I believe it started showing up after windows update. [ATTACH] as you can see date modified column has extra characters in front. It seems like it is showing up on all Windows10 file explorer. I need help on this since it might cause further problems along....
  9. Bugs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bugs after 20H2 update: After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs: After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start After a restart if i try to open task manager it locks on not responding Today i experienced a bug where my entire desktop freezed and was in not...
  10. Windows 20H2 dxgmms2 bugged...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 20H2 dxgmms2 bugged...: I keep having BSOD issues with windows 20H2 even with the November updates, PC is fully updated. OS Build: 19042.630 Constantly with dxgmms2.sys, Dump info below, Before anyone says its to due with a faulty driver... I've already used Display Driver Uninstaller numerous...