Windows 10: Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2

Discus and support Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night Windows auto installed the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 20H2. In looking at the new features, I opened Magnifier and all but one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John L. Crow, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2

Last night Windows auto installed the Feature Update to Windows 10, version 20H2. In looking at the new features, I opened Magnifier and all but one of the icons for the buttons, the right-pointing play triangle, are square rectangles instead of the icons that should be there. How do I get the correct icons to show? Is windows missing a font or library in which the icons are stored?Windows 10 EducationVersion 10.0.19042 build 19042x64 Based PCIntel Core i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz

:)

John L. Crow, Jun 9, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2

Windows 10 Magnifier - settings / options missing

I think you may have mistyped Magnifier window instead of Magnifier Options. The Magnifier window had always been visible, just not the Magnifier Options. Win-Tab / Alt-Tab displayed the Magnifier window (while running) but not Magnifier Options.

No. I described exactly what I saw (for exactly the scenario that I was responding to). When the Magnifier Options dialog window was open and Task View was made, the Magnifier Options dialog window was not a thumbnail but still a dialog window and as such
    obscured one of the Task View thumbnails.

Talk about being on the same page! I mentioned right from the start that I would be using Lens mode! You gave no clue that Docked mode should be part of a simulation and frankly I'm in no mood to test it for you.

Perhaps you could press Ctrl-Alt-L and follow my simulation and find out?

Correct. As worked here as well, but does nothing to bring back the Magnifying Glass and Magnifier Options.

You have missed the point. Keyboard focus goes to the "missing" Magnifier Options dialog window and that is what can be moved sight unseen. Please try my simulation of a Lens mode scenario. Then if a Docked scenario is even more complicated as you seem
    to be implying a first step in your workaround would be to get into Lens mode (with Ctrl-Alt-L).

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2

1. Windows Magnifier Missing Button Icons after Windows Feature Update for 20H2 - Similar Threads - Magnifier Missing Button

2. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  3. Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Magnifier BUG After 20h2: Hello, Hope this is posted in the right location. Ever since the deployment of Windows branch release 20h2 - Windows magnifier has not been working properly. We have individuals in our org who use it in Docked Mode [Ctrl+Alt+D] With Dual screen setup. Since 20h2 - when on the...
  4. Feature update to windows 10 20h2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to windows 10 20h2: Hi guys so I decided today to update to windows 10 20h2. My previous version was 2004 or 20h1. When I decided to update i realised it downloaded so quickly in less than 30 seconds. Can anyone tell me what the size actually is because I'm scared maybe it didn't finish...
  5. Windows 10 20H2 Feature Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 20H2 Feature Update: Windows 10, 20H2 Feature Update recently appeared in Update. It was necessary to update my 1909 updates and subsequenly 20H2 updated my Toshiba Laptop.I now have no printing, scanning, no restore point capability, recovery only and corrupt files.Microsoft support provides...
  6. Windows 10 feature update 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 feature update 20H2: Hello! I recently checked for updates and my PC found that I have updates available. It turned out to be the 20H2 feature update and I clicked on download update. However, it all runs so slow. Downloaded kinda fast, in about 45-60 minutes but the installation is the slow one....
  7. Windows 20H2 Feature Update

Windows 20H2 Feature Update: Hello Everyone, Can someone help me find out why the 20h2 update wont go through every time I have downloaded and installed it. As soon I select restart I can see it's configuring update however when the pc finally boots up after may be a minute or two I receive...
  8. Windows 10 Feature update 20H2

Windows 10 Feature update 20H2: I have bought my pc on 2 November 2020 and have installed the feature update 20H2 on 8 November 2020 but it has lead to some problems to me like night light feature grayed out, brightness slider not working and windows defender getting on and off on its own due to which I...
  9. Magnifier missing buttons after Windows 10 2004 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier missing buttons after Windows 10 2004 Update: After my Windows 10 Enterprise updated from 1909 to 2004 all Magnifier buttons turn into squares. New font segmdl2.ttf somehow don't work. Any idea how to solve this? [ATTACH]...
  10. Magnifier missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Magnifier missing: if I run: c:\prorgrsm filesm(86)*magnifier.exe (the only place where the little, blue, computer, icon shows up.) Except for all the links to magnifier.exe of course. I get: refferral srnt by server I don't see the referral 145474