Windows 10: Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

Discus and support Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After re-setting up my email accounts in Windows mail all of my emails are being sent out preceded with an outlook mail address. For example: *** Email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KrystalHartman, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

After re-setting up my email accounts in Windows mail all of my emails are being sent out preceded with an outlook mail address. For example: *** Email address is removed for privacy ****** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How can I receive and send my email from this platform without piggybacking on outlook? Very frustrating.

This is after updating to Windows 10

Moved from: Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

KrystalHartman, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

3. jimbo45 Win User
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

Hi there
    @slicendice

In your account settings for the relevant account(s) have you set this option -- usually it's unchecked or empty

Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY? [​IMG]

This needs to be set for every account.

Also ensure the do not keep copies of sent mail is not checked.

In addition in the general properties (outlook rather than the specific accounts) set the box to copy / keep sent mail.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Larnu Win User

Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

1. Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY? - Similar Threads - Mail email being

2. Sent emails are not being received

in Browsers and Email
    Sent emails are not being received: I'm new to the forum and am looking for any help regarding an issue that started a few days ago. I am able to receive email messages, but when I send anything, it is only reflected in my sent file, but never reaches any recipients. I use a local email service, GVTC webmail,...
  3. Email address's in Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email address's in Outlook: How do I edit or change address's in my phone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresss-in-outlook/018359b4-f68d-494d-9d85-04d37c6303f5
  4. My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My sent emails are not going to my Sent folder in Windows Live Mail.: When I click on Send/Receive it gets hung up on Checking 'Sent Mail' for new messages. Eventually I get this message: Your IMAP server has not responded in 60 seconds. Would you like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond? I have tried clicking on wait...
  5. outlook email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    outlook email addresses: Hi all, my main microsoft account is on one outlook email address but i want to use a different outlook email address that i already have. How do i change the main account email address please?...
  6. WIndows update 1903-it took hours and ALL my outlook files, emails, sent emails, contaxts,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows update 1903-it took hours and ALL my outlook files, emails, sent emails, contaxts,...: I just did the WIndows update 1903-it took hours and when I opened my computer back up ALL my outlook files, emails, sent emails, contaxts, etc. were deleted?? Can anyone help me with this?? Thank you, PW...
  7. Outlook sent emails disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook sent emails disappear: Have outlook account accessed by Safari and Firefox . All SENT emails before 1800 on 15 march suddenly disappeared . SENT emails after that time have beenretained. They are not/not in Deleted or Archived files. NO succession contacting Microsoft and Help Cat icon on...
  8. Forward all sent emails to another email?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Forward all sent emails to another email?: Hello, Is it possible to forward all emails sent from an Outlook client to one more additional email when it's being sent? I know if can be added in rules but anyone can change those rules and remove it. Maybe something like a rule that can only be removed by an admin?...
  9. Email Addresses Sent in Outlook 2013 Since Windows 10 Update

in Browsers and Email
    Email Addresses Sent in Outlook 2013 Since Windows 10 Update: I had a strange email returned from a colleague today. He sent me a screen capture of an email from me that got flagged up on his MacBook Pro. This email was sent only to him and yet had multiple email addresses of people that I know in it too. There was also a line in...
  10. Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing: Kippis! *Wink Glad we got this sorted out. *Smile