Windows 10: Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

Discus and support Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After re-setting up my email accounts in Windows mail all of my emails are being sent out preceded with an outlook mail address. For example: *** Email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KrystalHartman, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

After re-setting up my email accounts in Windows mail all of my emails are being sent out preceded with an outlook mail address. For example: *** Email address is removed for privacy ****** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How can I receive and send my email from this platform without piggybacking on outlook? Very frustrating.

This is after updating to Windows 10

Moved from: Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 365 Home

:)

KrystalHartman, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

3. jimbo45 Win User
    Outlook 2010 sent email not showing

Hi there
    @slicendice

In your account settings for the relevant account(s) have you set this option -- usually it's unchecked or empty

Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY? [​IMG]

This needs to be set for every account.

Also ensure the do not keep copies of sent mail is not checked.

In addition in the general properties (outlook rather than the specific accounts) set the box to copy / keep sent mail.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Larnu Win User

Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

Office 2013 Mail Merge sending no emails

I used to have no problems sending a Mail merge on Windows 7, however, trying to do one today on Windows 10, and it's simply not working.

I've done everything the same, using an excel document as the data source, and that works fine. When I select Finish & Merge -> Send Email Documents and then OK, Word makes it appear it worked (all the dynamic values change to those of the contacts as it cycles through sending each email), but that's it. Not one email is sent; nothing in my sent items and nothing shows that any of those contacts have been email on our exchange or email archive software.

I've seen that people suggest that Outlook is my default app (it is). Double checked the registry key as well Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\(Default) has the value Microsoft Outlook.

I've literally done nothing different from when doing this on Windows 7; seems that the searches seem to suggest that it's a common problem as well, but everyone seems to say they had a problem and disappears from their support request (and most answer tell you to check the above registry key).

Larnu, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY?

1. Windows Mail: All of my email is being sent via an outlook generated email address - WHY? - Similar Threads - Mail email being

2. my emails s are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my emails s are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me: I have had my email hijacked and someone is sending phishing emails purporting to be from me to all my address book. I have received a warning Banner from Microsoft informing me that all my incoming messages are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me....
  3. my emails s are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my emails s are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me: I have had my email hijacked and someone is sending phishing emails purporting to be from me to all my address book. I have received a warning Banner from Microsoft informing me that all my incoming messages are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me....
  4. my emails s are being sent to an Outlook address that is nothing to do with me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Emails not being sent to gmail addresses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails not being sent to gmail addresses: I have been using Windows 11 mail with no problem for months. All of a sudden any email I send from my work email accounts names.co.uk to a gmail address is returned with the following;host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27] SMTP error from remote mail server after...
  6. Emails not being sent to gmail addresses

Emails not being sent to gmail addresses: I have been using Windows 11 mail with no problem for months. All of a sudden any email I send from my work email accounts names.co.uk to a gmail address is returned with the following;host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [66.102.1.27] SMTP error from remote mail server after...
  7. What is my Windows Mail and or Outlook email address ?

What is my Windows Mail and or Outlook email address ?: I have Windows Live Mail 2012 to which I download client email ? my emails onto my laptop from my TalkTalk account They are changing the settings and I have found it impossible to do this and they are no help . I also have , on my laptop . Widows Mail which I have set up in...
  8. confirm receipt of email sent via Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    confirm receipt of email sent via Mail: How do one set feature to confirm an email has been received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confirm-receipt-of-email-sent-via-mail/59ef29a8-1560-4603-ac53-12a215fc63d2
  9. confirm receipt of email sent via Mail

confirm receipt of email sent via Mail: How do one set feature to confirm an email has been received? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/confirm-receipt-of-email-sent-via-mail/59ef29a8-1560-4603-ac53-12a215fc63d2
  10. confirm receipt of email sent via Mail

in Windows 10 Customization