Windows 10: Windows Mail and Calendar only showing HTML CODE for emails

Discus and support Windows Mail and Calendar only showing HTML CODE for emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So this problem is only happening for mail retrieved from my AOL mail accounts. It retrieves my mail for the most part, it just displays only SOME in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ben@GA, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Ben@GA Win User

Windows Mail and Calendar only showing HTML CODE for emails

So this problem is only happening for mail retrieved from my AOL mail accounts. It retrieves my mail for the most part, it just displays only SOME in HTML code. These same emails that display in HTML on Mail and Calendar display normally on Aol.com. Just don't like to keep having to go back and forth. I have had email addresses since the beginning of AOL so I don't want to just change mail servers. They were working fine back in 2021 and then after a windows 10 update in '21 this is the result. It just took me this long to get fed up. I was hoping that others have had the same problem and tha

:)

Ben@GA, Jan 26, 2023

2. Mail Displays HTML Code In Emails In Mail App

Thank you for the suggestions. I ran the trouble shooter but it found no issues. I also accessed the emails (including the one from which I pasted my sample) via the browser and there was no problem. This means that I can read all emails as web mail
    with no problems and also using Windows Live Mail, again with no problems. It seems to only be the Windows 10 mail app that is struggling and showing most of my emails in the sample form, i.e. with the message buried in a mountain of HTML code. Curiously,
    of the dozen or so that I have received in the last two days, all display correctly on web mail and on Windows Live Mail but only one, the automated one telling me of your reply, displays correctly in the Win 10 Mail App.

KeithWillcocks, Jan 26, 2023
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. mahrjb Win User

Mail App Emails appearing in raw HTML data

I had a Windows 10 laptop and Mail and Calendar apps has a lot of emails with only HTML code. Unable to read

I got a new desktop with Windows 11 and Mail and Calendar has even more email showing up with HTML code and completely unreadable. I can see my mail on AOL website without a problem. Also on my Samsung tablet its ok. Microsoft does not want to fix this problem which has been around for quite some time. They are pushing One Outlook. What gives. If I wanted use a browser to check my mail I should have bought a Chrome Book.

mahrjb, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows Mail and Calendar only showing HTML CODE for emails - Similar Threads - Mail Calendar showing

2. windows mail app displays html code in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mail app displays html code in emails: Here is an example:u + =2Ebody =2Efoo =7B line-height: 100% =21important;=7D/*iPhone Blue Link Fix*/a=5Bx-apple-data-detectors=5D =7B color: inherit =21important; text-decoration: none =21important; font-size: inherit =21important; font-family: inherit =21important;...
  3. windows mail app displays html code in emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows mail app displays html code in emails: Here is an example:u + =2Ebody =2Efoo =7B line-height: 100% =21important;=7D/*iPhone Blue Link Fix*/a=5Bx-apple-data-detectors=5D =7B color: inherit =21important; text-decoration: none =21important; font-size: inherit =21important; font-family: inherit =21important;...
  4. Windows Mail and Calendar only showing HTML CODE for emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail and Calendar only showing HTML CODE for emails: So this problem is only happening for mail retrieved from my AOL mail accounts. It retrieves my mail for the most part, it just displays only SOME in HTML code. These same emails that display in HTML on Mail and Calendar display normally on Aol.com. Just don't like to keep...
  5. windows mail app displays html code in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows mail app displays html code in emails: I am running windows 11. When using the windows mail and agenda app some emails appear in their html format. This is an example: <!-- end of setup --><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html> <head> <meta...
  6. windows mail app displays html code in emails

windows mail app displays html code in emails: I am running windows 11. When using the windows mail and agenda app some emails appear in their html format. This is an example: <!-- end of setup --><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"><html> <head> <meta...
  7. emails/ HTML code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    emails/ HTML code: Why are my emails, from known recipients, written in html code? How can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-html-code/49ecc3a7-049e-4487-b2bc-baca5c9ef086
  8. emails/ HTML code

emails/ HTML code: Why are my emails, from known recipients, written in html code? How can I change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-html-code/49ecc3a7-049e-4487-b2bc-baca5c9ef086
  9. Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly: Running Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 . About 2 weeks ago it went from everything working to now a large percentage of the HTML emails won't decode. It displays the contents as text rather than translating the code. I have not been able to find where anyone else is having...
  10. Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly

Mail and Calendar app has quit displaying many of the HTML emails properly: Running Mail Version 16005.14326.20970.0 . About 2 weeks ago it went from everything working to now a large percentage of the HTML emails won't decode. It displays the contents as text rather than translating the code. I have not been able to find where anyone else is having...