Windows 10: Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder

Discus and support Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the latest Windows Mail update to Version 16005.12827.20200.0 all emails sent via my Gmail account end up in the Spam folder instead of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pjcoldrick, May 31, 2020.

1. Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder

Since the latest Windows Mail update to Version 16005.12827.20200.0 all emails sent via my Gmail account end up in the Spam folder instead of the normal Sent folder. This is confusing as it appears as if the email was not sent. Is this a general problem? If so, please can you update the Mail app to correct this problem.

I have reported this via Feedback https://aka.ms/AA8ksdi but so far have had no response.

:)

pjcoldrick, May 31, 2020
  2. Gosim Win User

Windows Mail Sent folder

When I send a mail ,using the Windows Mail App, it sends OK but instead of seeing it in the Sent folder it appears in the Spam folder instead. Also if I click on "not spam" it then appears in my Inbox.
    This only occurs when sending with my Gmail address. Sending with either my Hotmail address or my Blueyonder address they all appear in my Sent folder OK.
    I have reinstalled the App but that has not helped .
    Odd !!!!

Windows 10 1909

Gosim, May 31, 2020
  3. GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

This issue seems to have been going on for years. I've seen lots of posts on different sites but there does not seem to have been any resolution. Essentially, when adding a Gmail account to Windows Mail, not all of the Gmail folders appear, specifically,
    the Sent folder. When looking at the folder list; under [GMAIL] the following folders appear... All Mail, Drafts, Important, Spam and Starred. The key ones, Sent and Trash (from the Gmail server) do not appear. The Windows Mail app creates a Sent Mail
    and Trash folder but these are in Gmail as Imap/Sent Mail and Imap/Trash. When sending an email from the Windows Mail app it does not put a copy in the Sent Mail folder, but it does put a copy in the Gmail Sent folder. But since the Gmail Sent folder does
    not appear at all in the folder list of Windows Mail, you have no access to it without logging in to Gmail via a browser. This has been driving me crazy for about 3-4 years now and I've gone through 2 notebooks and several versions of Windows. I'm on the
    latest Windows 10 version. I've removed and added the Gmail account many, many times and it's had no effect. I've reviewed all my Gmail settings and the folders in Gmail are all set to be viewed (not hidden) so there just doesn't seem to be any resolution.
    Running a troubleshooter is useless as this has been a recurring problem with all versions of the Windows Mail app and Windows OS for as long as I can remember.

I can't believe this issue has not been resolved. If it has, I can't seem to find the solution anywhere. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Thx.

nosrednawf, May 31, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder

Gmail - Getting mails not exactly sent to me

No one else is getting anyone's mail because of this... It is NOT a bug.
    It is intentional. All those addresses belong to you, no matter where the dot.

Quoted from GMail help:

Test it... send yourself an email with no dot in your name.

95Viper, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder

1. Windows Mail App: All Sent Gmail ends up in Spam folder - Similar Threads - Mail App Sent

2. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  3. Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sent mail not showing in sent folder on Windows mail app: I have just purchased a new laptop windows 11, and used the windows mail app to set up my 2 gmail accounts. I have an issue however that when i send a mail, it is sent and received without issue, however the sent email does not save into the sent folder.I have logged into the...
  4. Gmail Spam Folder

in Browsers and Email
    Gmail Spam Folder: I have used the same Gmail Email address for ages. Recently, I have been getting more Spam than I was getting not so long ago. I am normally very careful in how I use it and unsure why its happening. Messages in Spam folder are automatically deleted after 30 days. Should I...
  5. Sent mail being marked as SPAM in MAIL app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sent mail being marked as SPAM in MAIL app: So I sent an email message I went to the sent folder to confirm that it was sent but couldn't see it. I then went to Gmail in the chrome browser and saw that it was in the SPAM folder and google was asking if the mail is spam I clicked NO and then everything was normal and...
  6. Windows 10 Mail sending my "sent" Gmail messages into Spam not Sent Items

Windows 10 Mail sending my "sent" Gmail messages into Spam not Sent Items: I use Windows 10 Mail for several different email accounts. For the last couple of weeks, whenever I send Gmail, the sent email turns up in my Spam folder, not my sent items. I then have to move each email into my Sent items. I think this originated as a Gmail blip and I...
  7. sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder: sent emails in gmail acct going to spam instead of sent folder. please fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email/1463c6d1-86fb-4a9e-9eb8-b0b50eaf2937
  8. Why are my sent emails going to the spam folder for windows 10 mail using gmail

Why are my sent emails going to the spam folder for windows 10 mail using gmail: Why are my sent emails going to the spam folder for windows 10 mail using gmail. It is frustrating that my sent emails are ending up in spam and not sending. This is a recent development as I am using Gmail with Windows 10 mail....
  9. Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder

Using Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail App - sent items do not appear in Sent folder: I have been using the Windows Mail App to send emails, and while all previous email I had sent appear in my Sent folder, two emails I sent today don't show up. They didn't show up in the Windows app, but they also didn't show up in Gmail online when I cheked seperately. I...
  10. Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder

Windows Mail won't sync Gmail Sent Mail folder: There was an earlier thread (Nov-Dec 2018) authored by PA Bear - MS MVP. I have tried what he suggested without success. Here is another case. I have a brand new HP Spectre laptop and all Windows updates are up to date. I've added three mail accounts to Windows Mail...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. emails sent from gmail on mail app going to spam

2. mail app @gmail comes in spam folder

3. gmail is putting my sent email in the spam folder