Windows 10: windows mail app backup and restore

Discus and support windows mail app backup and restore in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was using LIve Mail 2012 and enjoying it. Now i bought a new laptop and Live Mail has been discontinued by Microsoft and forced to use Mail app. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by itpro.rajesh, Oct 5, 2018.

1. windows mail app backup and restore

I was using LIve Mail 2012 and enjoying it. Now i bought a new laptop and Live Mail has been discontinued by Microsoft and forced to use Mail app.

I want to restore my emails from Live Mail backup in Windows app. Is it possible? If Microsoft discontinues any product then the new substitute app must support migration.

:)

itpro.rajesh, Oct 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. windows mail app backup and restore :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Oct 5, 2018
  4. sumasage Win User

windows mail app backup and restore

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

windows mail app backup and restore

1. windows mail app backup and restore - Similar Threads - mail app backup

2. Windows Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Backup and Restore: How reliable is Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 for creating a system image?Also, is there a difference between System Image and Windows Backup?Thanks,James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore/e6ea8f8e-d195-4852-ba79-787e124e1f55
  3. Windows Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Backup and Restore: How reliable is Windows Backup and Restore Windows 7 for creating a system image?Also, is there a difference between System Image and Windows Backup?Thanks,James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-backup-and-restore/e6ea8f8e-d195-4852-ba79-787e124e1f55
  4. Windows Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup and Restore: I've recently lost everything on my windows 10 laptop when all auto repairs and everything else failed to work. However, I was able to use the HP Recovery System to backup my files before I did a clean installation. Now, after running restore program, I see my software but...
  5. Windows Backup and Restore

Windows Backup and Restore: When I attempt to backup my PC using Windows Backup and Restore, the backup fails almost immediately. The message window states: Check your backup. A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information. Details: The...
  6. Windows backup restore

Windows backup restore: Hi! I made a backup of laptop on my external hard drive before replacing the internal hard drive. Now that I've reinstalled Windows on the new drive, I want to restore the backup. Unfortunately, the Backup and Restore in the Control Panel won't recognize that I have a...
  7. Move, Sync or Backup/Restore accounts in Windows 10 Mail app

Move, Sync or Backup/Restore accounts in Windows 10 Mail app: Hello I have configured several accounts in Mail app on one pc, and it is working just fine for now. When i wanted to have same email accounts configured in Mail app from the first pc to second ... surprise i was not found any way to do that. Is there any way to sync,...
  8. Windows Backup & Restore app

Windows Backup & Restore app: I have a new 2 month old Dell Inspiron 15-3567 laptop. I had Dell Backup and Recovery (DBaR) Premium app on a previous Inspiron. DBaR was not preinstalled on the new Inspiron. I am attempting to reinstall the basic DBaR but it is taking forever. Is there another backup...
  9. Windows Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Backup and Restore: I created an image on a multiple partition hard drive and then had to do a repair install. I did the following: 1. Deleted the image. 2. Tried to create the image: a. Selected partition with no problem but would not go to next operation of selecting what to backup. 3. Deleted...
  10. windows mail app backup and restore

windows mail app backup and restore: I was using LIve Mail 2012 and enjoying it. Now i bought a new laptop and Live Mail has been discontinued by Microsoft and forced to use Mail app. I want to restore my emails from Live Mail backup in Windows app. Is it possible? If Microsoft discontinues any product then the...