Windows 10: Windows Mail App contacts

Discus and support Windows Mail App contacts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear Team, I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AjithBorra, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Windows Mail App contacts

Dear Team,

I am using windows mail app and when i given any reply to new contact it is automatically saving in contacts list. Means if i try to compose mail to the same contact it is showing that contact in list but in Peoples app that contact is not there. Please help me on this.

:)

AjithBorra, Dec 5, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Dec 5, 2019
  3. DerDonc Win User
    Contacts in Windows 10 mail In

Yeah, there´s a separate app.

DerDonc, Dec 5, 2019
  4. daevidd Win User

Windows Mail App contacts

Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Before someone suggests this as an answer, let me just say that I am aware that the Windows 10 Mail app supposedly gets its contacts from the Windows 10 People app. The People app on my computer has the precise contacts in it that it is supposed to. The problem with the Mail app is this: When I type the first letter of a contact's name, and the menu with a selection of contacts to choose from drops down, it includes contacts that I was able to delete from the People app. There does not appear to be any way to get rid of them. Any suggestions?

daevidd, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Mail App contacts

1. Windows Mail App contacts - Similar Threads - Mail App contacts

2. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  3. List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    List of contacts in Windows 10 mail app: I can not find any way to get to a list of contacts in the mail app. I know it collects a list of all people who send me emails, because when I start to type a name in a new email, it automatically comes up with the complete name and address. How can I edit this list or add...
  4. Mail app contacts

Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  5. Windows mail app contacts problem

Windows mail app contacts problem: Contacts in windows people app not showing in mail app when composing the mail and typing in To field. Please tell the best possible solution of this problem as soon as possible....
  6. Windows Mail App Auto Contact

Windows Mail App Auto Contact: When I receive emails, the Windows Mail app automatically creates a contact for that company. The contact it creates is often incorrect. When I sent an email to myself the app created a contact about me, but the contact information was incorrect. So now when I send emails, it...
  7. Saving Mail App Contacts to People

Saving Mail App Contacts to People: How can I save a person as a Contact when I receive an email from them? Whenever I received an email, the person used to be automatically saved in Contacts/People. Not anymore. Tapping on the person's email info only opens a reply. The only way I can save a Contact is by...
  8. Import contacts to mail app

Import contacts to mail app: Hey, How can I import contacts from my ...mail.com email account into the mail app on the new microsoft surface laptop. I can only see support for Google accounts...
  9. Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app

Import contacts into Windows 10 mail app: I am trying to import my email contact list from Windows Live Mail to the Windows 10 mail app. It says to import contacts to the People app but that doesn't seem to work. I have the file on a SD card in the .csv format...any ideas? Thanks...
  10. Contacts in People app not linking to mail

Contacts in People app not linking to mail: Although I have added a new contact to people app and saved when I come to send an email the name is not shown in list of contacts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contacts-in-people-app-not-linking-to-mail/57d799bb-8a10-4db7-be9e-32c8389b94a0