Windows 10: Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature

Discus and support Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using the mail app and have several email accounts. My mail works fine in my gmail account and has all functionality. However when I go to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pummers0102, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature

I am using the mail app and have several email accounts. My mail works fine in my gmail account and has all functionality. However when I go to use the search feature on my gsuite account, it causes my mail app to crash.

I have run the troubleshooting and then I get the following:

Issues Found

Hanging or crashing apps Not fixed

Reset hanging or crashing apps Completed

I'm not sure if I need to do something to fix this problem but I don't know how and my mail is still crashing when I try and search or when I go to one of my folders and try to search in the folder.

Thanks for the help!!

:)

Pummers0102, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Mail App Windows 10 keep Crashing

Hi Erfan,

Applications may crash due to unknown circumstances from time to time. To troubleshoot
    Mail app crashes, we recommend trying these following methods:

Run the Windows Application Troubleshooter:

The troubleshooter detects and fixes errors within Windows Store applications
    and built-in Windows 10 apps. It's always nice to try the troubleshooter before anything else. To use the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Download the troubleshooter on this
      link
    • Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • After running the troubleshooter, restart your PC and check if your issue has been fixed.

Reset the Mail App:

Resetting or refreshing the Mail app usually resolves any issue with it. To reset the Mail app, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, search and open Apps & features.
    • Scroll down to find Mail and Calendar.
    • Select Mail and Calendar, then click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

Note: Resetting the Mail app will remove any account associated with it. No need to worry, logging your account back to the Mail app will resync your email account to the Mail app. No emails are deleted upon resetting/refreshing
      the Mail app/

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature

MAIL APP

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The Mail app might be unpinned from the start menu I would suggest you to search the mail app by following the below steps and check if it helps:

• Click on search icon and in the search box type
      Mail
    • It will show you mail app at the top of the Window
    • Right click on the Mail app and click on
      pin to start.
    Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Mohammed Yaseer, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature

1. Windows mail app crashing when using the search feature - Similar Threads - mail app crashing

2. Windows Mail App Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail App Crashing: I just got a brand new HP Spectre. I added my emails to the windows mail app. Then I tried to hit settings --> notifications. Every time I hit notifications the app crashes and turns off. I have restarted my computer, checked for updates and nothing works. Could this be an...
  3. Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows": I recently turned off the search indexing in my laptop and now I want to turn it back on, But now when I open the "Searching Windows" section in "Search" section, the settings app crashes. I tried restarting, but it in vain. Laptop- HP Pavilion Gaming 15 - bc406tx...
  4. Mail app not searching mail body

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail app not searching mail body: Title says it all - I've experienced this for quite some time now. I can recreate it by highlighing the email I'm looking for then searching for a phrase inside the content of the emal ... search finds nothing. Is there a fix that isn't "use another mail app" ? submitted by...
  5. Windows mail app crashes when using Edge share feature

Windows mail app crashes when using Edge share feature: I use the “share” feature of the Edge browser to mail links to other people. My mail is Windows mail app. The mail app uses outlook.com msn.com mail address. I do not have the outlook app on my computer. After one or two shares, the Windows mail app crashes and this...
  6. Windows 10 Mail App crashes when printing email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Mail App crashes when printing email: Windows 10 Build 1909 Can print from Open Office, Adobe, or any other application. When you try to print an email, the print preview screen comes up, but it only shows a blank page. It locks up then crashes/closes the app. We have tried: Changed from standard to Admin...
  7. windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.

windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.: Hi all My windows photos app is crashing when trying to search for photo's on my Iphone 11 , I am only trying to take around 1500 photos from it and still crashes. I see i am not the only one having this problem. I have tried everything to get it up and running. any...
  8. Using the Draw feature in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Using the Draw feature in Windows 10 Mail app: [ATTACH] Email has been the most formal mode of communication, and it is usually difficult to express everything in writing. Also with the generation of devices that support touch and pen-based inputs, typing everything down does not seem obvious. If you [...] This post...
  9. Key Word Search Bar - within Calendar feature of Windows Mail App.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Key Word Search Bar - within Calendar feature of Windows Mail App.: Hello - how do you enable the 'Key Word Search' in the Calendar feature of Windows Mail App please. It is usually at the Top of Calendar - just next to Month/Year detail....
  10. Mail App crashes when viewing emails

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App crashes when viewing emails: Hello there, new to the forums, and in need of a bit of help. I've come across a strange issue where my mail app will abruptly close/crash when trying to view any emails on any accounts. As well as crashing when trying to input text into the text field of the email itself....