Windows 10: Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider

Discus and support Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there! weirdly my E-Mail Provider lists all Folders within the "INBOX" folder. That for i need to change the root-folder to "INBOX". Otherwise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WeissWurst, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider

Hello there!

weirdly my E-Mail Provider lists all Folders within the "INBOX" folder. That for i need to change the root-folder to "INBOX". Otherwise the Mail app keeps creating its own "sent" and "deleted items" Folders. This is possible in Outlook and now I wonder if it is possible to do so in the native Mail app because I like that one much more.

In case I could not communicate my problem probably, this is how you change the root-folder in Outlook, and I am looking for exactly this in the native Windows Mail app: https://kb.intermedia.net/article/20153

Thank you in advance,

WW

:)

WeissWurst, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Hitman Win User

E mail problem

Hello
    This is a weird thing going on with my wife's e mail a little hard to explain.
    We are with time.Warner/spectrum
    I have asked at there sites and searched on lone put no real info.
    Windows 10 e mail app is Windows live mail

Ok here we go
    I set it all up ports and security and ports it is all working
    DownLoads the required folders sends and recieves mail all is good.
    It will be working for days even weeks and then all of a sudden the whole account is gone.
    All folders emails saved and deleted all gone.
    This have happened a few times now at least 4 or 5 times 2 times in the last month.

Is there a virus or malware or something that is doing this. ?
    Every time it has happened I do change the password.
    She has another account with verizon that still works and have np with.

Any suggestions or advise please
    Thaks
    Ruben

Hitman, Jan 17, 2020
  3. raygo1975 Win User
    Windows 10 Mail app deleted all my e-mail accounts

The Windows Mail App (The e-mail client that comes with Windows 10) is where I had all my e-mail accounts setup so I just had one place to check them. All of the e-mail accounts that I had added to the client are now gone. When I open the app instead of seeing a list of my e-mail accounts I see the app as it was when I first started to use it.

Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider [​IMG]

My e-mail accounts should be listed in the left hand column under Accounts.

raygo1975, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Newegg Win User

Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider

NewEgg Scam E-Mails

Newegg.com just became aware of a phishing e-mail scam disguised as an order confirmation e-mail. Newegg takes the security of customer information extremely seriously and wants to assure you these phishing e-mails are in no way affiliated with or originating from Newegg. We have taken immediate steps to verify no customer data has been breached and to inform the proper authorities. Rest assured your information is safe with us.

If you have received a suspect email, we strongly advise that you DO NOT respond, download or click any of the links on the e-mail. Please refer to our FAQ page for tips on how to identify and protect yourself against such attacks in the future:

Should you have any further questions or concerns do not hesitate to contact me at L: Maverick.B.Iniguez@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.

Thank you.

Newegg.com

Newegg, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider

1. Windows Mail App - Custom home path for my E-Mail provider - Similar Threads - Mail App Custom

2. log off e-mail, windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log off e-mail, windows 10 mail app: I've been unable to log in to my e-mail using att.net, att.com, or yahoo.com. No idea why. I tried currently.com, as well. I finally was able to access my e-mail today using the windows 10 mail app, however, it remains on with a small blue envelope in my task bar. No...
  3. Error in my E-Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in my E-Mail App: I received an E-Mail and it asked me what App I wanted to receive it on and I chose Word Pad and when I went to open it up, it was in Computer Language. How do I delete Word Pad as being the App to receive the document?...
  4. Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Exporting e-mail from windows 10 mail app: I have to get e-mails stored localy on a computer exported so that i can innport them to Outlook on new computer. But the user only ever used the windows 10 mail app and pop e-mail. Any addvice? I have tried finding the file location with little luck. Found one path which...
  5. E-mail account not working on the mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E-mail account not working on the mail app: I have a tiscali e-mail account, the app lets me add the account. It tries to sync the emails but it's an infinite loading process that never works. I can't recieve nor send emails due to this. Did anyone have the same issue? submitted by /u/DanieleGerussi [link]...
  6. Mail app downloading too many e-mails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app downloading too many e-mails: Hi, I have a Hotmail account that I use through the Windows mail app. I have always set it to sync only e-mails from the last month, but recently it has changed by itself to sync all e-mails. I changed it back to one month, but all my old emails still displayed. I tried...
  7. how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to designate a custom E-mail program as default mail: Hi, I am using a dedicated (old but useful) software as mail client (Eudora). In Win7, it was possible to designate this software as default mail client (so that "mailto" in web pages will open it. In Win10, all I see as possibilities to designate a mail client are...
  8. There is no customer service e-mail address!!!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    There is no customer service e-mail address!!!: My son ordered Minecraft windows10 by mistake, actually he wanted to order the Minecraft Java edition. As soon as he initiate the program, he realized that he got wrong order and started to cry. I know that they have extremely strict refund policy, but I want them show me...
  9. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...
  10. EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE - Installation causing problems with my e-mail provider: I upgraded to Windows 10 w/Edge from 8.1 sometime ago. Since then I have experienced several glitches using my e-mail. I use a sub of centurylink (zimbra) e-mail. Problems that are constant: I cannot hear any audio on videos unless I right click the speaker icon and click on...