Windows 10: Windows Mail app does not sync with eas.outlook.com

Discus and support Windows Mail app does not sync with eas.outlook.com in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have an account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that I would like to use in Windows 10 Mail app only - without adding Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArthasMenethil, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Windows Mail app does not sync with eas.outlook.com

Hi

I have an account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that I would like to use in Windows 10 Mail app only - without adding Microsoft account to the entire Windows system I don't want to have any device settings or apps data use by Windows on my email account.

1. First I tried to add it as Outlook.com account and this option seems to automatically add Microsoft account to the Windows, which I don't want.

2. Then I tried to add it as an Exchange ActiveSync account with server set to eas.outlook.com. But with this option I get an error with code 0x85010001 "We can't sync eas.outlook.com at the moment...". This is strange because the same configuration works fine on iPhone built-in mail app.

My question is for Windows Mail app: how can I either make Exchange ActiveSync work with Outlook.com hotmail account, or add email as Outlook.com account without also adding it as Microsoft account to Windows?

Thanks and best regards

:)

ArthasMenethil, Nov 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 mail outlook app- slow syncing

Hi Alistair,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about syncing mails on Windows 10 Mail app, we will help you with this issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What type of email account are you working on? Is it POP3, IMAP or Exchange server email account?
    • Are you referring to Outlook Mail Client or website?

If you are referring to Outlook Mail app then, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Outlook FAQ.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Jayzilla Win User
    Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Windows Mail app does not sync with eas.outlook.com

Sync outlook mail

Hello Louangbailey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

If you are referring to Outlook Mail app then, I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook-help

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/basics

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail app does not sync with eas.outlook.com

1. Windows Mail app does not sync with eas.outlook.com - Similar Threads - Mail app does

2. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  3. POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    POP3 mail syncs with W10 Mail app / does not sync with W11 Mail app: I have a new Windows 11 Laptop and am unable to add a legacy email account to the Mail App using exactly the same settings as used in the Windows 10 Mail App.Email account is from a still supported legacy ISP: virgin.netCurrent ISP: btinternet.comProfile being used is a local...
  4. bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bigpond mail not syncing in outlook mail: my bigpond mail is not syncing in outlook mail......new laptop and was working for a few days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bigpond-mail-not-syncing-in-outlook-mail/b3e01bc9-822b-4624-ac0a-08c36e023f0d
  5. AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    AOL Mail not syncing on Outlook: I've been running AOL Mail on Outlook for years. In the several weeks it has stopped automatically syncing received and sent emails. When I try to force a sync using "update folders" I get this error message: Task "synchronising subscribed folders …..; reported error...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  7. Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Can't get my Outlook to sync in Mail App: Trying to set up my outlook in the Win 10 mail app...have all settings enter3ed correctly...including Outlook password for my cox email account...but every time I try to sync...sync window 10 just spins... Bigger issue is if I check the password for my outlook (Cox)...
  8. Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail Sync to Outlook: To Sync your email to Outlook after doing some email maintenance, hit the refresh button. I have attached a view of the button for reference. Note if you also are looking to manage your folders from Windows Mail, I have found that I need to do that from within Outlook. Unless...
  9. Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2010, and Windows Mail App wont sync: For the last week or so, my emails are not syning with either Outlook 2010, or the Windows Mail App. I am using Hotmail (yes i know, still?) I got an email from Microsoft, saying something along the lines of "remove and then re-add your account", which i have done....
  10. Mail app does not sync messages automatically

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app does not sync messages automatically: I've upgraded my HP Envy Ultrabook with preinstalled Windows 8 to Windows 10 about a month ago. All works enough smoothly - except the intrinsic Windows Mail & Calendar apps. They don't sync their contents automatically, even with my main Microsoft account linked to my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eas@outlook.com window phone not working

2. eas.outlook.com error