Windows 10: Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update

Discus and support Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Win10 mail app has always worked well for me. Recently, after 20H2 update, it started hanging. When I click on a message it doesn't show up and at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcoAVal, Dec 17, 2020.

1. MarcoAVal Win User

Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update

The Win10 mail app has always worked well for me.
    Recently, after 20H2 update, it started hanging. When I click on a message it doesn't show up and at the process "Microsoft Outlook Communications" starts to take about 25% of the CPU.
    I tried to reset the app, uninstall and reinstall, DSIM, app hangs trobleshooter… Nothing is solving the problem.

I have the same issue in two different computers.

Note: I'm using it with a gmail account

Any help?
    Thanks

:)

MarcoAVal, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 17, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows mail app hangs after 20H2 update - Similar Threads - mail app hangs

2. Windows store apps not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store apps not working after 20H2 update: hello. I'm a windows user and I updated the latest update 20H2. after updating it. some of windows store apps stop working. these include photos app , videos and movies app, snip & sketch apps. I've tried opening these apps but they do not respond and crash. When i open a...
  3. Windows store apps not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows store apps not working after 20H2 update: hello. I'm a windows user and I updated the latest update 20H2. after updating it. some of windows store apps stop working. these include photos app , videos and movies app, snip & sketch apps. I've tried opening these apps but they do not respond and crash. When i open a...
  4. Windows store apps not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. microsoft mail app windows 10 20H2

microsoft mail app windows 10 20H2: I have windows mail app and it just doesn't work. If I try to select more than on email at a time it freezes and is locked until I restart it. I have seached widely for a solution.. and there isn't one, nothing works, uninstall, reinstall, troubleshoot... nothing works. The...
  6. windows update 20H2 hangs at 88%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 20H2 hangs at 88%: i tried updating my laptopwindows 10 yesterday around 8pm . By 12 am it was around 50% updatedso i could not turn of my computer i was up whole night to keep a check on my computerin the morning it showed 88% percent and my pc got disconnected from wifi afterwards i tried...
  7. Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 20h2 hangs on shutdown.: Hello, I have done a clean install of windows 10 20h2 and have download and installed all the updates, the Problem I am facing is when I shutdown my laptop windows 10 say getting windows ready do not turn you computer off, this all that happens windows does not shutdown....
  8. mail app hangs after sharing with snip and sketch

mail app hangs after sharing with snip and sketch: mail app appears to be having a sync problem only way to fix it is to close and then reopen the mail app happens every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-app-hangs-after-sharing-with-snip-and-sketch/9b0839cb-49f7-4995-8962-1b52dba6a7cd
  9. Win10 Mail app hanging?

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail app hanging?: Trying to setup Mail app, and it won't let me past the "Add account" screen ... I added a hotmail account, it indicated that was successful. I added a Yahoo mail account, again indicated success ... but it keeps returning to the "Add account" screen, and the "Ready to go"...
  10. Apps not opening and/or Hanging (Mail esp)

Apps not opening and/or Hanging (Mail esp): Can anyone help, I have been having issues with apps locking/not loading? Suddenly today my Mail app will not open at all, just stuck on the splash screen. The Store app is also locking when checking for/downloading updates. I've had nothing but problems so far 13333