Windows 10: Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails

Discus and support Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several GMail accounts added/linked to the Windows Mail app. I noticed that some of them started displaying a shorter version of my name which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickLewis3, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails

I have several GMail accounts added/linked to the Windows Mail app. I noticed that some of them started displaying a shorter version of my name which I don't prefer when I send emails. So, the recipient of those e-mails would see the sender me with a name that I don't prefer.

I clicked on Settings > Manage Account, and there is no place to edit--or even see--the email display name. How can I chance the name displayed on my GMail accounts in Windows Mail? Thanks.

:)

PatrickLewis3, Feb 26, 2020

2. Outgoing mails not displaying sender's name on the Windows 10 Mail app

I am using my Gmail account to set up the Mail app in Windows 10.

However, it seems that it won't show my name as the sender's name in all my outgoing mails. Instead, my email address is displayed.

I've gone through the settings and there is an option to enter my desired name when sending out mails but it doesn't change a thing and my email address is still displayed on my outgoing mails instead of the name I entered.

Is there any other settings that I need to configure so that my name will appear correctly?

Jeffrey Yeo, Feb 26, 2020
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Feb 26, 2020
  4. PrimalZed Win User

Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

The goal is to change the display name attached to the email address on outgoing emails. This is displayed in the FROM section of the received email as (for example) "John Doe <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>". So far as I can tell, there is not a way to change what goes
    into the "John Doe" display name, which is very frustrating. This needs to not only be changeable, but changeable for each individual email account used in the Mail app.

edit:

I found it for when using third party (not @outlook.com) email addresses in the Mail app:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.
    I'm pretty sure that for @outlook.com emails, it just uses the display name from https://account.microsoft.com account settings.

PrimalZed, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails

1. Windows Mail app is not giving me option to change display name on outgoing Gmail emails - Similar Threads - Mail app giving

2. Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail: I have set up Gmail in Live Mail and can read all my messages. My Inbox and Trash are almost empty. I cannot send Gmail. I have checked the box for outgoing to use the same settings as incoming and to use port 465. What else needs to be changed?...
  3. Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outgoing Gmail in Live Mail: I have set up Gmail in Live Mail and can read all my messages. My Inbox and Trash are almost empty. I cannot send Gmail. I have checked the box for outgoing to use the same settings as incoming and to use port 465. What else needs to be changed?...
  4. No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Option to Change Sender Name in the Mail App, Help!: [ATTACH] i tried to use this email for Commission. i never use my real name when registering, but somehow the app managed to find my real name and use it when i send email from this app. (it didn't happen when i send from gmail in browser.) every troubleshooting suggests...
  5. Can't change name for gmail account in mail app

Can't change name for gmail account in mail app: I'm using Win10 Mail App Version 16005.13426.20368.0 I recently realized that my gmail account sends mails under the wrong display name. My setup has 3 mail accounts gmx, gmail #1, gmail #2 and gmail #2 sends mails under the wrong name. I tried changing the name under...
  6. Windows doesn't give me any options to change display language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't give me any options to change display language: Hi. I just got a hp pavilion gaming laptop and it is in mexican Spanish. I am trying to change it to English, UK or US. Nothing is working to change it, not the language settings, nothing. It lets me download a language pack but it wont let me set it as display language or...
  7. No option to change sender name in Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to change sender name in Mail app: [ATTACH] Hi there -- it appears that the "send your messages using this name" is missing from the mail sync settings for all of my accounts (both gmail and outlook email accounts). As a result, emails sent using the Mail app all have the same name for the sender,...
  8. Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change display name for outgoing emails in accounts: How do I change the display name for outgoing emails in certain accounts? Some of my accounts have been sending emails with the wrong name associated with them, and I have been unable to remedy this issue by removing and re-adding accounts, and resetting data for the entire...
  9. Gmail: outgoing emails not sending

Gmail: outgoing emails not sending: HI There! I have just got a new laptop and whilst emails arrive into my Gmail account, outgoing ones are saved as drafts with a send error message about the addresses or size of the message. Neither are inappropriate. I am sure this is a school girl error and would be so...
  10. Outlook.com Mail App (Win 10) refuses to send any outgoing email, giving the error "there...

Outlook.com Mail App (Win 10) refuses to send any outgoing email, giving the error "there...: This is all it says, with a dismiss button. The message sits in the outbox and will not send. This is happening with every email address I try to send to. There is no detailed error message that I can find and it's not message specific. I have tried multiple recipients. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mail change of address usps.com .gov