Windows 10: windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

Discus and support windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have MS Outlook installed, which I use for work email but I wanted to use the windows mail app for personal email, which was not installed. I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BearFlag, Dec 21, 2019.

1. BearFlag Win User

windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

I have MS Outlook installed, which I use for work email but I wanted to use the windows mail app for personal email, which was not installed.

I went to the MS app store, installed the Mail App and configured my personal email and thought everything was well. Then when I restarted my computer the next day the Mail App had disappeared. Thinking it was some fluke, I reinstalled it from the app store again and reconfigured my personal email.

Then today, it's gone again. Do you guys know what keeps removing the Mail app from my computer?

:)

BearFlag, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 21, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Dec 21, 2019
  4. windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

Mail App in Windows 10

Hi John,

We apologize for the delay in response.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings.

• Open the Mail app and sign in to your account.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the mail app, reconfigure the email account in mail app and check if the mail app is working properly.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Mail and Calendar apps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

Note: After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app form the Windows store.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself

1. windows mail app keeps uninstalling itself - Similar Threads - mail app keeps

2. Mail keeps unistalling itself on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail keeps unistalling itself on Windows 11: I have installed this so many times. It keeps on Uninstalling itself ..Why??? This is a windows bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-keeps-unistalling-itself-on-windows-11/e65aed15-7d79-4875-a4d4-6421dede5628
  3. Mail keeps unistalling itself on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail keeps unistalling itself on Windows 11: I have installed this so many times. It keeps on Uninstalling itself ..Why??? This is a windows bug https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-keeps-unistalling-itself-on-windows-11/e65aed15-7d79-4875-a4d4-6421dede5628
  4. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  5. Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself

Mail and Calender App keeps uninstalling itself: Hey,Can anyone help/ advise on why the Mail and Calender app keeps unistalling itself?I have tried troubleshooting and repairing and resetting but it still keeps happening...
  6. Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail and Calendar app uninstalling itself: Hello all, Since the last windows 10 update (19042) my mail and calender app keeps uninstalling itself. Anyone else having the same problem or can point me towards a fix? submitted by /u/H2-Joe [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows keeps uninstalling apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows keeps uninstalling apps: So I’ve been trying to download an among us hack for a video. I download it and open it. It opens fine. Then when I go into among us it closes and uninstalls. It also does this for other things aswell. At first avg was just quarantining it. Even when I turned it off it still...
  8. Need to uninstall the Mail app

Need to uninstall the Mail app: I hate orphaned software and the Mail app is unmanageable and useless to me. How can I uninstall this app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-uninstall-the-mail-app/099590d2-06c8-471c-ab46-a9a1ae828932
  9. delete / uninstall mail app

in Browsers and Email
    delete / uninstall mail app: Anyone know how to delete the mail app? Uninstall the mail app? NOT delete the account. It doesn't even let you delete an account in 10240. At least there is no option. Uninstall the mail app completely? Getting very annoyed with 10. Lots of issues. Going back to...
  10. Is W10 uninstalling apps itself?

Is W10 uninstalling apps itself?: Two versions of CPU-Z and one of GPU-Z have mysteriously disappared from my computer without any trace a couple of weeks ago. Anyone else who have experienced anything similar? 48123